20 | Hidden meanings

Chapter 20 - Hidden meanings

Marinette's POV:

After my well needed nap, I got myself ready to go out on a walk.

I put a hoodie in my tote bag and put some other essentials before grabbing my headphones and putting them on.

I opened Spotify and played my slow playlist. I wanted to take time to let my thoughts wander while I walked and slow songs would definitely set the right mood for that.

I left my apartment and started walking towards the forest. The song 'Arcade' began playing as I entered the forest.

How convenient.

I sang along to the lyrics, attentively paying attention to the words.

'I spent all of the love I saved, we were always a losing game...'

Those words immediately made me think of Luka and the relationship we once had.

I thought it was going to last forever. I thought he genuinely loved me but turns out he never did. He just used me for his own entertainment.

'...I got addicted to a losing game.'

I definitely got addicted to the idea of me and Luka being together. I wasted my love and my feelings on him. He had seen me at my worst. He saw how vulnerable I was and still did what he did.

I will eventually forgive him for what he did but I'm still hurt from it all. I trusted him with my whole life. He was my everything. Now he is nothing to me.

I skipped the rest of the song as I didn't want to think about Luka any longer.

Talking to the moon was the next song to play.

'I know you're somewhere out there, somewhere far away. I want you back, I want you back...'

Images of my parents came flashing into my head. I missed them so much. I missed the bakery and my little balcony overlooking the city of Paris.

I missed the family days I would have with them. The gaming days and the baking days. They were some of the highlights of my life.

'...I sit by myself, talking to the moon...'

I thought about how far I have come in the past few years. I was at my lowest, my weakest point and now I am here in the most prestigious school in France pursuing my dream of becoming a Fashion designer.

I'm here living in my own apartment and being an independent young adult.

3 years ago, I would've never thought I would make it this far yet here I am.

I definitely needed to treat myself somehow for that.

'...I'm feeling like I'm famous, the talk of the town, They say I've gone mad. Yeah I've gone mad.'

I began to think about the events that occurred today. Thanks to Adrien's obsessed fans, Everyone knows who I am.

When I say everyone, I mean all of the school and 1 million other people.

Totally not nerve wracking at all.

I was so used to being the quiet girl, The girl who had a very small friend group and now I'm known as 'The man thief' or 'Adrien's love and many more over 1 video of us exiting a car together.

It's honestly pathetic if you ask me.

Last week barely anyone cared about my existence and now everyone knows who I am.