25 | Totally Not Stalking

Chapter 25 - Totally Not Stalking 

Marinette's POV:

My plan was simple. Follow Alya.

Why you may ask?

No reason at all. I'm just bored, and I want to watch the two completely fall for each other.

Why was I dragging Chloe along?

I need some sort of entertainment and also, she's smart. If we get caught, she can make up a brilliant excuse. So, she has no choice but to come with me.

It was not like I was going to do it alone anyways.

I changed my outfit to a grey hoodie and black leggings. My bluebell hair was tied up into a bun and I put on my black sunglasses.

Obviously, I had to do an outfit change. Alya knows I like wearing bright colours so now that I'm wearing neutral colours, it won't be as easy to recognise me.

I also just wanted a spy outfit.

Who wouldn't?

Unfortunately, Chloe was still not on board with my plan as she continuously questioned me about it. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Chloe sighed as she walked behind me.

"For the last time, of course it is. It's one of the best plans I've ever had." I rolled my eyes at her uncertainty but smiled, nevertheless. "We are going to make sure this plan goes perfectly. There cannot and will not be one slip up." I smiled proudly before grabbing Chloe's arm and dragging her toward me.

"Look, I know you want this date to go well but I really think following her is unnecessary-"

"Shhh, she's gone into the cafe, we need to find a hiding spot." I interrupted her.

"Oh Marinette." Chloe sighed, facepalming herself.

We watched as Alya and Nino greeted each other with warm smiles before sitting down in the outdoor area of the cafe. I looked around and saw a bush close to where they were sitting and dragged Chloe to it and hid behind it.

Thanks to Alya's and Nino's brilliant decision to sit outside, observing them was going to be a piece of cake.

From the things I was seeing, it seemed as if the two were enjoying themselves. They were smiling and laughing which brought a smile to my face.

It was nice to see Alya with someone who genuinely made her happy. She deserved to be happy, and she's found someone who makes her laugh. That's why I think those two should date. They both make each other happy, and they also look good together.

Nino looks like the type of guy to treat a girl right as well so I know she would be in good hands. I trust Nino. He's a good guy.

"How long are we going to stay here for exactly? It's really uncomfortable here." Chloe whisper-shouted impatiently.

"Oh, stop complaining. We've only been here for like what, 5 minutes?" I sighed.

"More like 15 minutes." She mumbled.

"Okay 15 minutes then. What's the big deal?" I shrugged.

"My legs are suffering here. For no reason as well."

"Actually, they aren't suffering for no reason, we are supporting our best friend." I beamed happily.

"You owe me for this." She huffed as she got her phone out.

I turned my attention back to Alya ad Nino and saw they were exiting the cafe.

"Come on Chloe, we have to follow them." I quickly stood up, pulling Chloe up with me but stumbled in the process and accidentally bumped into someone. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry- oh."