Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Taking a deep breath. I pushed the door open. I'm greeted with the smell of stale beer, smoke and greasy food. I hear the bad country music playing in the background. The people were laughing and talking. I hear someone shooting pool. People greet me and I greet back. I go to my locker and get to my post.

I turn to look at the woman next to me and find her smirking.

"What's got you so happy?" I ask Chantel. A beautiful brunette with green eyes and a body that just hits at my self-esteem.

"Got a hot date tonight." Chantel said.

"With who?" I asked.

"You'll see tonight." She said. I wonder who it is. She's not the type to kiss and tell about her relationships.

I was busy wiping the counter clean and heard the front door open. It was then I noticed people had stopped talking. I looked and saw why. Wayne Anderson had entered into the diner. He looked delicious. He just had that about him. People would stop what they're doing just to look at him.

I looked him up and down. He looked good. He was tall, muscled and tanned. His short blonde hair and blue eyes made him delicious. He also had a roughness to him. Well for a cop what else would you expect? Female offenders would have a hard time concentrating if he was to question them. I should know he arrested me once. People started greeting him and he smiled. He was just breath-taking. Well I'm not his type. Oh well no one said it was wrong to look. I sighed and went back to my work.

"Wayne Anderson. What finds you here today? Don't you work Friday nights." One of the customers Lewis asked him.

"I'm off for the weekend." He replied. His voice was deep and rough. I wonder if he gives it to his women like that. Deep and rough.

I was wiping a glass when I heard someone clear their voice. I looked up and saw it Wayne.

I nodded, "evening. So what can I get you?"

He smiled, "just a beer for me please, thanks." I nodded and poured his drink and gave it him. I looked at him and was about to say something when I noticed his frown. He then looked around and found a free table and went to sit there.

"Still rude as ever but he's hot sex on a stick." I looked next to me and saw my best friend Leshawn. My brother from another mother. Leshawn is your strong black brother. He was tall, muscled and took care of his appearances. He is very good looking but unfortunately for the sisters in town he is gay.

"He's been through a lot. I don't blame him for being a bit off Standish." Chantel defended.

"Please people like Wayne..."

"Stop with the chit chat and get to work. Chantel you were supposed to have been gone by now. I don't pay overtime. Leshawn get to the kitchen." The owner Timmy yelled. We sighed and I said bye to Chantel and Leshawn went into the kitchen.

We all lived in the same town of Rochdale. We worked for Timmy at Timmy's diner and pub. Chantel and I were bartenders and Leshawn was a cook. I was on the night shift and wasn't looking forward to it. It was Friday night and the craziest night as well. I sighed and greeted a patron that came to take a seat at the counter.

I got an order and made the drinks. I was standing and looking at the time. This shift is taking forever. The front door opened and I smiled at who came in. my best friend Roy came in. he was tall, lean and muscled. He had brown hair and blue eyes. He was my best friend for life. He worked on the coal mines like many other guys did in town.

He greeted a few people. When he reached the counter he smiled.

"So how's the shift going?"