Chapter Forty Seven

The three of you walked around the mall for about 2 hours, going through different stores. Once you all found outfits for the party you went to the food court.

You told Wanda what you wanted and she and Natasha went to get your food as you saved the table.

The two of them were pretty much on the other side of the food court so you couldn't see them and they couldn't see you. Meaning they didn't see when you were joined by someone.

"I'm sorry but I'm sitting here and my friends are coming soon" you tried to look for them but it was pretty crowded so you were unsuccessful. "That's alright I won't be here long. I have a message from Luke"

Your eyes widened at the name. "Well if that's it you can leave and tell him if he has something to say he should've come here and told me himself." The man nodded and left and not a minute later the seat was filled once again.

"What do you want now?" you were searching for Wanda and Nat but stopped when you heard a familiar voice. "Hello darling"

It was him, why was he here? "Why are you here Luke?" he looked to be offended. "Not even a hello?" you scoffed, "Hello, now what are you doing here?"

"Well, I came for you. The man you sent away was going to give you instructions on what to do before we came and rescued you"

"First of all, how did you find me here?" he smirked, "We have our ways, I see you're not wearing your ring" he pointed out as he saw your hand that was rested on the table.

"Yes, destroyed. And I don't need rescuing, especially from you" you spat at him and he rolled his eyes. "Come on, be honest with yourself. They don't care about you. They are only keeping you around because your ex-hydra and they want you to spill all our secrets. That's probably why they are trying to build your trust."

You took his words into account, but the team hasn't exactly asked you about the inner workings of hydra... yet. "No your just trying to get in my head again. Well it's not going to work"

"How can you be sure that they aren't in your head. The girl with the witchy powers could be in your head right now and this could all be fake." you were getting fed up with him. "Shut up" you glared at him but he seemed to be able to keep his cool.

"Don't worry darling, I'll come to rescue you soon enough. If there's anything worth saving" he then reached into his pocket and took out a device that flashed a light into your eyes. As he walked away you stared blankly at the seat in front of you. The memory of your conversation leaving your mind.

"Hey we're back" Wanda pulled you from your trance but you were still in a state of confusion. "Y/n? You okay?" Natasha leaned down and put her hand on your shoulder to get your attention. You turned to look at her, "Uh yeah" you pulled yourself together and plastered a fake smile on your face. "That was fast"

"Maybe for you, it felt like we were waiting in that line forever" Wanda ranted as she sat down across from you and Natasha took the seat next to you. Her eyes were assessing you and she knew something was wrong but didn't say anything.

The three of you ate rather quickly and left the mall just as fast. There was no particular reason other than you all wanting to be back at the tower so you can relax. You were tired already and it was only 10 am.

Once you made it back to the tower you all walked out of the elevator and were greeted by Peter. "Hey, girls" he waved and offered to take your bags. Natasha and Wanda thanked him while you went with him to the bedrooms.

Wanda and Natasha made their way to the couches where the rest of the team was sitting silently. "What's going on here?" Natasha asked as she notices everyone staring at her.

"Wanda told us about what you said and we think it's a bad idea" Steve spoke for the group. "Care to be more specific?" Natasha wasn't understanding what he meant because his answer was very vague. "About you and y/n. How you don't want to get close to her like you did the first time."

"Well does it really matter because once she remembers, everything will be okay again," Natasha said partly trying to convince herself "Nat, her memories haven't come back yet and there's still hope but you have to at least try to get close to her memories or not"

"I did try"

"Romanoff, I'm gonna be straight with you. We can all tell you haven't, and that you're scared to get close to her again because if you lose her again you'd be crushed, well guess what we lost her too," he said hoping she would listen to him and understand that losing you hurt everyone and not just her, but they all managed to open up again. "Your point?"

"We all opened up to her again. We put our hearts at risk of being broken again but it's worth it, you know why because it's y/n and she's worth it" Bucky picked up what tony was putting down.

"I just can't guys I'm sorry. Until she gets her memories back I don't think I can. I'll be her friend but nothing more." Natasha explained and the team was disappointed to hear.

"And what if she never gets them back," Thor asked and she pursed her lips. "Then I guess I'll have to live with that" she looked to Wanda who was silent and noticed Bruce, who was sitting next to her also had nothing to say.

"We done here?" the team nodded and Natasha walked off to the kitchen and was followed by Wanda who seemed to be contemplating something. "What is it, Wanda? I can tell you want to ask me something"

"Erm well I was thinking about doing something but I kinda wanted to tell you, we'll ask you about it first" Natasha nodded for her to continue. "Since you have decided to not make a move on y/n, I was wondering maybe..." she trailed off not being able to say the words. "If you could?" Wanda nodded and Natasha's face was unreadable.

"Uh Wanda I don't think that would be the best idea, you know?" Wanda furrowed her eyebrows in confusion so Natasha continued. "Are you sure about this?"

"No but you can never be sure, you just have to follow your heart. I just thought since the opportunity presented itself that I'd take it. I mean it's y/n!" Wanda explained and Natasha slowly nodded and was now internally screaming at Wanda but not letting it show.

"Well unless of course, you want to pursue y/n again, because I know you guys were in love and I don't want to stand in your way but..." Wanda trailed off not needing to explain as Natasha knows what she was referring to. "No, your right. I did say I wasn't going to make a move and I'm not about to go back on my word just because someone else wants to try and win her heart. Plus if I need to compete with you for her love I will. I mean I did already beat Bucky but who's keeping track" Natasha tried to play it cool and potentially shake Wanda's confidence.

"Clearly you are" Wanda muttered under her breath before they both exchanged a fake smile and went their separate ways.

A/n: Is this drama? What do you guys think is going to happen? There are no wrong answers because it's not written yet. 

Thanks for reading so far, see you in the next chapter. Hope you have a good day <3