Chapter Thirty Eight

The Avenger's had knocked you out with a serum that also blocked your powers. Peter carried you onto the quinjet while the others continued to fight hydra forces.

"Peter are you on the jet?" Wanda spoke into com. "Yeah just waiting for you guys, Mr. Stark is ready to fly out of here" Peter replied.

The rest of the Avengers returned to the quinjet and they readied for takeoff. "Luke escaped, we should begin a search for him as soon as we head back to the tower" Steve ordered and everyone nodded in agreement. "But we do have more important things to deal with right now" Natasha challenged, "y/n's been brainwashed, no worries we can fix that little problem" Tony assured but some of the team weren't convinced.

"Banner can you make more of that serum, but take out the passing out effect?" Steve asked and Bruce nodded before sitting in his corner. That's when Natasha approached him, "hey Bruce" she sat down next to him and made sure that no one else could hear their conversation.

"hey Nat what's up?" he turned his head to face her. "look the other night..." she trailed off, "probably shouldn't have happened. I was actually surprised at first when you came to me because you hadn't since y/n and you got together" he explained.

"Yeah I wasn't in the right headspace and just wanted to apologize" she said before she looked over to you, passed out on the floor in the main area. Her attention was pulled back to Bruce when he began to speak, "Nat you don't need to be sorry, I'll always be here for you" he smiled at her which she returned before getting up and sitting on a different seat.

"So what do we do with her?" Thor asked carefully. "We have to lock her up" Steve said and Wanda was about to protest but he cut her off, "As much as we all don't want to, we have to until we know we can trust her" Steve said before he moved to speak with Tony in the front.

The trip back to the tower was long and they were about half an hour out when you began to wake up. Your eyes began to flutter open and you didn't recognize where you were, but you heard familiar voices.

"I know it's hard Wanda but we will get her back" that voice sounded like Peter, which didn't make sense to you because why would he be with the Avengers.

"I was so worried about about her Peter, what if they had killed her?" Wanda spoke and you could here the pain in her voice which you didn't understand because how could she know you well if you'd never even met these people before.

You shook it off and tried to use your powers but it wasn't working. 'What did they inject me with?' you thought to yourself. You laid there trying to come up with a plan but came up short. Just as you were about to just give up someone walked over and sat next to you.

Your eyes were closed so you couldn't tell who it was. "hey, I know you can't hear me but I'm going to talk anyways. I did something that if you found out it would crush you" you recognize the voice from the mission, it was the Black Widow, Natasha. You attempted to keep an emotionless face, despite your eyebrows wanted to knit together in confusion.

"I just thought that telling you, even while unconscious, might help to ease my conscience maybe just a little, and to be honest it's not really working. And I don't think it's going to work unless I tell you while you're awake and you again" she rambled and you just listened not even knowing what to think.

"When we get you back I'll tell you" it sounded more like she was trying to convince herself. You felt her brush a strand of hair out of your face which you were grateful for because it was starting to tickle your nose. She sighed before kissing your forehead and walking away.

"ETA 10 minutes" you heard from the far end of the plane. You slowly lifted your eyelids and looked around as much as you could to see if anyone was near you.

You just laid there not knowing what to do until you felt the ship begin to shake indicating that you were landing.

"Alright we are here, someone take her to a holding cell" you hear and internally freak out a bit. But without your powers there's not much you can do.

You feel footsteps moving toward you before someone lifts you up and carry you bridal style. You briefly open your eyes to see a man with dirty blonde hair, and you've seen pictures of the whole team so you know who each of them are.

Steve is carrying you and you can hear the rest of the team following closely behind the two of you. At this point you're desperate so you try using your powers again but it only works for a second before they flicker off.

Steve froze in place and you could feel his eyes on you. "What was that?" Tony asked. "The serum is wearing off, which means she should be awake soon" Bruce explained

A smile crept it's way to your face and you opened your eyes to look at Steve. "Too late" Steve spoke and you rolled out of his arms and landed on one knee. You stood up and raised your head to see everyone looking at you.

You tried using your powers again and they began to flicker on and off quickly until you felt like you had more control over it.

"Just give up, your powers aren't working" Tony said and the team began to close in on you. You sighed and held out your hand to stop him. "Can I just try one more time?" your powers worked ad the Avenger's began to panic for a few seconds before you appeared again but 30 feet away from them.

You sighed in defeat and walked back over to them, "okay just take me" you held your hands out waiting for them to cuff you. The team just stood there in shock so you spoke again, "you know what can you carry me again, I'm kind of tired" you patted Cap's shoulder and he picked you up again.

"You're not going to try fight?" you raised your head to figure out who said that and Thor shyly raised his hand. You shot him a smile "Nah" is all you said before you turned back to Cap, "should I pretend to be passed out again? Yeah I'll just do that" you closed your eyes and stuck your tongue out.

"Are you passed out or dead?" Tony mocked, and you slowly retracted your tongue back into your mouth. After a minute of walking you began to get sleepy so you allowed yourself to take a nap.

The team entered the elevator and just watched you, "you don't have to pretend to be asleep" Bucky said but got no response. By now the whole team was facing you in Steve's arms, "I think she really is asleep" Peter said and began to tap your shoulder. "She looks so peaceful" Thor commented and moved closer to examine your angelic face. "She looks like a baby" he commented and looked and looked at everyone who all agreed.

When he turned back to face you, your eyes flew open and you screamed and Thor screamed as with you. While you were still screaming you began to crawl around Steve's body and some how managed to position yourself on his back so you were hanging on for dear life like a koala.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" Thor spoke trying to meet your eyes. You let go of Steve and straightened yourself out and clear your throat, "I wasn't scared, just surprised is all" you tried but none of them seemed convinced.

Suddenly your eyes landed on Peter who was wearing a spider-man costume minus the mask. "Peter?" he nodded and you walked up to him and hugged him tightly. "I missed you" you spoke and he shot you the same response.