Chapter Thirty Six

It had now been a couple months since you started working for hydra. You weren't even sure if you wanted to work for hydra, but you felt like you wanted to do whatever Luke asked of you.

You had been on many missions and all of them were successful. Luke and you never really planned on getting married anymore. The wedding ring was pretty much just for show and it showed that you were perfect partners. The two of you worked well together and you trusted each other which made missions easier.

Over the months the Avenger's had searched every base they could find and always came up empty. They were starting to believe that hydra had taken control of you or that you were dead. If it came to those two they hope it was the first because they got Bucky out of their grasp so they can do that same for you. Right now Natasha, Wanda and Peter decided to clear their minds and get out of the tower.

They went to a cafe and were seated on the outdoor balcony. They chatted a bit when something or rather someone caught Nat's attention. You were sat a few tables away drinking coffee, you were wearing sunglasses and facing away from her but she was sure that was you.

"Nat what are you staring at?" Wanda broke her out of concentration. "That's y/n" she pointed out a girl to them, "Are you sure that's her?" Peter asked the two girls. "Unless she has a twin" Wanda suggested and the two girls looked at Peter who knew you the longest. "Not that I know of, but we weren't very close until she came to the tower" he defended and they turned back to watch you.

This was one of those missions that are always successful. You were sat on a table on the outdoor balcony waiting for your target to show up, and Luke was stationed inside the cafe.

"he's here" Luke spoke over com. "Got it, he just sat down" you replied but hid your mouth with your coffee cup. You began to feel like people were staring at you so you pretended to clean your sunglasses but realy you were checking if someone was watching you.

Once you confirmed that 3 people were staring, you rubbed your nose, "i think got company, table on my 7" you spiked and Luke was looking around the balcony from his seat. "I see them, i'll take care of them" he was about to stand up. "don't engage, just get me out of here"

"what about the target?" he was getting ready to getting ready to get you. "I've got that covered" you moved your sunglasses from your face so it was rested on top of you head.

You waved down the waitress, "sweet and low?" you asked and you both exchanged a nod as she handed you a sugar packet and left.

You pinned something to the packet and made like you were going to open it when Luke stepped outside. Luke dropped a $5 on the table, "ready to go?" you nodded and stood up.

As you were walking a man bumped into you and you gave him the sugar packet.

You continued to walk and briefly looked over to the three people still watching you. Luke placed his hand around your waist and escorted you out of the cafe.

After making it outside you noticed the three people were gone so you picked up the pace and tried to get lost in the New York crowd.

Natasha, Wanda, and Peter followed you as best they could but before they knew it, your were gone. "You think that was really her?" Wanda asked, "Well now I'm sure" Peter replied and the two girls turned their attention to him.

"She was with Luke" he sailed still stunned by the sight. "Who's Luke" Natasha asked in an impatient tone. "that Luke?" Wanda asked and Peter nodded.

"What Luke guys?" Natasha's patience was very thin right now. "It's y/n's ex boyfriend Luke" Peter answered and Natasha took a step back.

She was wondering, why were you with an ex boyfriend and why didn't you come back to the Avengers?

The three figured you used your powers so they wouldn't be able to find you. They gave up and returned back to the tower.

She couldn't calm her thoughts so she made herself a drink. But one drink led to another and before she knew it she was blackout drunk. Her mind was clouded, she wasn't thinking like the smart assassin she normally is. The rest of the night was a blur.

She woke up to a banging in her head, she was definitely hung over. Her eyes slowly opened and as her eyes scanned the room she noticed that it wasn't hers. She sat up to find that she was in Bruce's bed, wearing his clothes.

But he wasn't there, so does that mean they didn't do anything? She looked over at the clock, 11am. Bruce would be working, no wonder he's not there.

She silently cursed to herself before heading to the kitchen, where she was greeted by a glare coming from Wanda.

Natasha shrugged it off and attempted to move on with her day like whatever happened last night never happened.