Chapter Forty One

You feel yourself starting to wake up but your eyes stayed glued shut. "Good morning sleeping beauty" you smiled at her comment but still refuse to open your eyes just yet. "What time is it?" you slowly sit up against the headboard.

"Around 8" you can feel her staring at you. "If I open my eyes and your in the same spot, I'm going to think you didn't sleep at all" you peek through one eye and slowly open the other and sure enough she seems to be sitting in the exact same position as last night.

"I did sleep" you were unconvinced. "Sure you did" you stretch out your arms to yawn before you get out of bed and walk into the bathroom, her eyes stayed on you the entire time.

"Don't you have something to do?" you brush your teeth. "Trying to get rid of me?" you shook your head, "I just thought you'd have better things to do than watch me, I mean you already watched me sleep" she opened her mouth to protest but gave up.

Once finished you walked over to the couch and sat next to her. "I have a meeting in an hour, someone will switch off then" you nod. The silence that fills the room is so thick that you can hear yourself breathing so you attempt to break the awkward silence.

"So your meeting which of the Avenger's got an invite?" you said very slowly. "You make it sound like a party" you can feel her staring at you so you turn to face her. "It's more fun that way, don't you think?"

"Well everyone's invited, except whoever's with you. Which will probably be Peter, we can fill him in later" your eyes are locked with hers and you can't help but melt under those piercing green eyes.

After a moment you force yourself to break the eye contact but you know she is still staring directly at you, not even trying to hide it. Her eyes have been on you all morning but only now are you beginning to feel awkward.

You quickly get up and get clothes from the wardrobe before making your way to the bathroom and shutting the door. This is the only time you have to yourself so you took your time before going back out there, and sure enough, she was still sitting there.

"Are you just going to sit there for the next hour?" you tease as you put the PJs away. "I can sit on the floor if you want?" she joked and that made you smile. "Not necessary, are you on sleep duty again tonight?" she nodded slowly, "Unless you want me to switch with someone" you immediately shook your head and she laughed at you making you smile.

Even though you barely knew her, you felt sort of safe in her presence. She had a warmth vibrating off of her that you felt drawn to. For a moment you felt happy despite the circumstances. The two of you shared eye contact, basking in comfortable silence.

You tense up as soon as you begin to hear a ringing noise and you look around the room for the source. Suddenly a wave of pain shoots through your head and you rest your forehead in your hands. "Y/n are you okay?" she jumps off the couch. when she begins to approach you the pain gets worse so you bring your hand up to stop her and she immediately freezes.

"My head" you sink to the ground and hands entangle into your hair pulling it slightly hoping it will take your mind off the pain.

The door opens and Peter steps into the room, "What's going on?" he looks over to see you curled up, sitting on the floor. "Stay here," Natasha tells Peter as she quickly leaves the room and you listen as the sound of her footsteps recede. The pain begins to ease up and you take your hands out of your hair, but there's still a lingering headache.

"Are you okay?" you take in a deep breath able to think clearly again you nod once and begin to stand up and move to sit on the couch. Not one minute later Natasha re-enters the room with toast, water, and a pill.

"Eat first, then you can take the pill" you nod as she hands you the toast. They both watch as you take a bite and you thank Natasha. Once she hands you the pill you immediately swallow it with the water.

"I should go" Peter nodded and Natasha shot you a quick glance before she left. She was still worried but she had to go to the meeting to discuss your memory issue.

----

"Do you  think Wakanda can help?" Steve asked the group. "Right, they helped Bucky" Wanda added and some of them agreed.

"But that was to removing hydra's brainwashing" Natasha noted, "Is this not brainwashing?" Tony butted in and the whole team went silent as they thought about the answer.

"Maybe getting her memories back could be the root of the solution" Bruce chimed in and Tony agreed. "Can we do that here?" Bucky asked and Bruce shrugged in response. "It's possible, we do have a witch that can look into people's minds. Maybe she can look around and unlock her memories" Wanda was about to protest but Tony cut her off.

"This might be our only solution, we could try and wait but who knows if that will work" he tried to appeal to how much she missed you. "Fine but she has to agree or else I'm not doing it"

----

After the meeting, Wanda and Bruce had gone to your room to talk to you about it. Bruce also injected you with a serum to block your powers before he left you and Wanda alone to talk.

You agreed to Wanda going into your head after she told you that she was just going to search for your missing memories and try not to touch anything else.

What stuck with you while she was explaining her powers was that she could read minds. "Back then, did you ever go into my mind?" she shook her head, "Not without your permission" and you took that as a sign that you had let her into your mind before.

"That's nice of you" Wanda seemed really nice, you felt like you could trust her. "Well I love you and I respect people's privacy"

"Random question. Did we date?" you blurted. "No, I am... was your best friend" she looked a little confused by your question. "Oh, just from the stories I heard it sounded like we were together" she looked like she understood as she gave you a soft smile. "I wish... actually Natasha's your girlfriend. Did she not tell you?"

"The stories she told me, she talked about me a lot" you turned your attention to the picture sitting on your nightstand a bit conflicted. Natasha didn't tell you about the picture but you figured maybe it was hard for her, so Wanda helping you get your memories back is your best bet.

"Well, she loves you" you looked back at Wanda who was softly staring at you. "I figured from the way she talked about me that I must have been close with her"

"Although I am a bit conflicted" she waited for you to continue. "To my knowledge I am already dating someone, that's not Natasha"

"Would you like me to tell you or do you want to try and remember for yourself?" you really didn't know.

"I think I would understand it more if I figured it out for myself."

A/n: Sorry that I haven't posted in a really long time. I have some things going on that take a lot of my time and focus but I'll try my best to find the time to write.

Also I was having a hard time figuring out what to do next with this story, so if any of you have suggestions I am all ears.

Thank you for your patience and for not being mean about it. You guys are amazing. Have a nice day <3