Chapter Two

"Wakey wakey" You heard coming from a man who was leaning against the wall. You sit up from the concrete ground you were laying on and leaned against the wall furthest from him to take in your surroundings. There is a slight pounding in your head but you're more worried about where you are and who you're with.

The man stared at you, as if reading your thoughts he speaks up, "You're probably wondering where you are... Well, you need not worry about that right now child" He then turns towards the door, before stepping out he looks over his shoulder, "Happy birthday by the way" He says before he leaves, closing and locking the door.

You stand up and look around the room. There's a bed on the right of you, no windows, the only way out is through the door, which has a camera above it. 'Great'

After a minute of just standing in place, you slowly walk over to the bed. As you sit down, you hear a slight squeak. 'As far as prison beds go, this is more comfortable than I thought it would be.' With that, you laid down and let sleep take over you.

You wake up to the loud sound of the door opening. Before you even have time to comprehend what's happening, two men grab you and drag you down a long hallway into a room with fluorescent lights. In the center of the room is a table which they put you on and strap you down. A man wearing a lab coat walks in next to the man you met in the other room.

"Hello, subject 51. I hope you had a good night's sleep because today the real work begins." He then laughs and walks out of the room. Two more men in lab coats walk in and instantly start looking through papers.

The main, scientist grabs a syringe and begins to fill it with a translucent rainbow liquid. While he does that, the other two place these weird patches onto multiple parts of my torso, arms, and legs. The patches are all connected to a machine on my left by long thin wires. You decide not to even try to break free of the restraints because there's no point in wasting your energy.

The scientist with the syringe then grabs your left arm and pushed the needle into your vein and injects the serum. The needle stung as it pushed through your skin but the pain only lasted a second. The syringe was then pulled out of your arm and you thought it was over so you began to relax.

One of the scientists then put something in your mouth which left you confused. Suddenly a shock of electricity flowed through you. It didn't hurt but you notice your left arm twitching slightly. You looked over at the machine the wires were connected to. One of the scientists had his hand on a dial. You read the screen and it said 10%.

You finally adjust to the feeling, but the scientist then cranks the dial to 50% which instantly increases the pain and causes you to let out a muffled scream due to the mouth guard. You can feel the electricity coursing through your entire body. 

Just when you thought the pain couldn't get any worse you feel the power increase and you scream as much as you could until your throat began to feel raw. Through your screams, you hear one of the scientists' yells, "we're only at 70%!" and the other replies "she won't make it if we increase the power anymore!" The pain then decreased and as your caught your breath, you look over and see the scientists chatting. The main scientist then tells the other two, to get a man named Coleman. Not 10 seconds later, the man from before came in. 'Oh that's Coleman. Yeah... can we get someone else please?' You think before you notice the edges of your vision begin to get darker, more and more until everything goes black. 

When you open your eyes, you find yourself on the bed in your cell. You sit up and try to comprehend what had happened to you. 'What was that serum? Why did they have to shock me after? What is this place? Who are these people?' All these thoughts are rushing through your brain at lightning speed until you realize that you have work tomorrow.

'Peters going to wonder where I am if I don't show up. I'm saved, he can call the police' With that little sliver of hope, you allow yourself to relax back in the bed and lie there staring at the ceiling until you fall asleep.

----- let's see what Peters is up to -----

Peter wakes up to get ready for his shift. He doesn't want to admit it but he's excited to go because it means that he'll see you, and you'll tell him all about your date. Even though you guys aren't best friends, he is your only friend and you trust him. You trust him enough to give him a key to your apartment, even though you've never even been to his place, not once.

Peter starts to think about the day you met. It was his first day working at the deli and you had already been working there for about 2 months so you trained him. He thought you were the most stunning woman he'd ever seen and had a little crush on you. But once he learned you had a boyfriend, he put his feelings aside and you became one of his good friends. He's obviously still attracted to you but he doesn't like you that way anymore.

He makes his way to the deli and is slightly disappointed when he doesn't see you there. He lets it go but gets more and more worried as he continues his shift and you still aren't there.

It's now closing time and you didn't show up, which he thinks is rather weird because, in the year that you have worked together, you have never missed work.

Peter then tried calling you and it goes straight to voicemail. With that he decides to stop by your place, just to make sure you're okay.

He gets to your apartment and lets himself in. After looking around your apartment and noticing you were nowhere to be found. 'Maybe she just went out today' He thought to himself. After a few minutes of contemplating, he sits on the couch to wait for you.

He must have fallen asleep because he opened his eyes to see the sun shining through the window. He eagerly jumps off the couch and searches the entire apartment only to be disappointed once again. He has another shift today so he just gets ready at your place. When he walks into the kitchen, he notices something he didn't last night. On the side of the fridge is a calendar. He notices the date hasn't been crossed off in 3 days and begins to panic. 'What if something happened to her!? I'd never forgive myself if something bad happened. How could I let this happen?' He then snaps himself out of his pity party and calls the police.