Chapter Five

The quintet lands at the compound and everyone walked out, except for you. Natasha noticed and walked back over to you and kneeled in front of you. "You're safe now, okay?" She carefully extends her hand, and you grab it.

Natasha walks you through the compound and stops when you arrive at a bedroom. "You should get some sleep." You nod and slowly walk into the room. She follows you into the middle of the room. She looks over to a door on the left side of the room, "The bathrooms right through there, and if you need anything, my rooms right across the hall." She says and then turns to walk out. She grabs the door handle to close the door. "No!" You yell and she looks back at you. "Can you leave the door open?" She nods and you watch her walk into the door right across the hallway. You sigh and walk over to the queen-sized bed. As soon as you lie down, you feel a wave of exhaustion take over your entire body and you instantly fall asleep.

In your dreams, you have flashbacks of the experimenting. You start screaming in the hopes that you'll wake up, but you feel trapped. Suddenly you feel a pair of warm hands wrap around your body, and you jolt awake. You're eyes widen at the sight of Natasha's beautiful green eyes looking into yours. Your vision begins to get blurry and you don't know why. Natasha then leans in slowly and pulls your body into hers, hugging you tightly. "You're okay. You're safe. It's just a bad dream." She says still keeping you close to her. You felt safe in her arms.

After a few minutes, you feel yourself start to calm down and Natasha releases you from her embrace. She stares deep into your eyes, "Are you okay?" She says with a look of worry covering her face. You nod, "I-I think so." She nods and begins to walk out of your room. You quickly grab her wrist, "C-can you please stay with me." You say and you can see a slight smile on her face before she turns to walk over to the other side of the bed.

She gets under the covers and wraps her arms around you. Your head falls onto her chest. You let the calming beat of her heart sooth you as you tried to fall back asleep. She begins to stroke your hair and the comfortable feeling helped calm you down as you drifted off to sleep.

When you awake, you feel a warm presence wrapped around you. You open your eyes and remember the events of last night. Natasha is still sleeping, so you carefully slip out of bed without waking her up and walk to the bathroom. You're about to take a shower when you notice the ankle monitor is still on so you just brush your teeth before carefully slipping out of the bedroom.

You wander down the hallways for a good 10 minutes before you realize you have absolutely no idea where you are going. You take another turn and you see Peter exiting his room. "Hey, Pete." You say just loud enough for him to hear. He turns to look at you and runs up to hug you. He stops right in front of you with his arms open and you hesitantly walk into his embrace. The warmth radiating off his body reminds you that he won't hurt you.

After a good 2 minutes, you let go of him as you remember why you were walking around in the first place. "Um Pete, I don't know how to ask this but could you help me get this thing off my ankle?" You said unsure not wanting to be a burden. He looks down and sees the monitor around your ankle, "Omg, I'm so sorry. I would've helped you last night if I noticed it." He ushers you to follow him which you do, all the way to a room labeled 'lab'. You walk in to be greeted by THE TONY STARK. You of course know who he is.

"Hey kid, what can I do you?" He says to Peter, then turning to you. "Um yeah. Mr. Stark, can you help y/n get that thing off her ankle?" Peter says, motioning to your ankle. Tony agrees. He tells you to sit on the table and gets to work it. It only took Tony about 7 minutes to get off and while he worked on it, the 3 of you had meaningless chit-chat about how you felt and stuff like that. Tony was nice, you enjoyed talking to him. "If you ever need anything else y/n you know who to come to," Tony said with a sincere smile. With that Peter lead you to the common room.

When the two of you entered the room, you were greeted by a few familiar and unfamiliar faces. "y/n, these are the Avengers. You've met Wanda and Steve. Over there that's Sam, Bucky, Bruce, and Cl-" He says pointing to everyone as he lists off their names, but is cut off at the end. "Clint," The man with drumsticks says, and extends his hand for you to shake. You stare at his hand for a few seconds before taking it and shaking it up and down slightly.

You sit down on a couch next to Peter and he carefully puts his arm around you, then he looks at you to make sure you're okay. You nod at him and he tightens his grip as you snuggle into his side. Just as you get comfortable, Natasha walks through the door and looks over at you as she goes to sit down next to Clint.

"So y/n, if it's okay with you, could you tell us what happened?" Bruce says and the rest of the team nods in agreement. "W-well," You say as you sit up and detach from Peter so you can face him. You start talking looking at Peter the entire time, but loud enough for the whole team to hear. "I had that date with Luke. In the end, I stormed out of the diner and began walking home. Then some guy grabbed me and I awoke in that place. By the way, do you know who those people were?" You say.

"Hydra," Steve says and everyone goes quiet. There's a silence that fills the room for a while until Bruce spoke up, "So. How did you get your powers?" I looked at him then back at Peter. I stared at Peter for a good minute trying to telepathically ask for his help. 'I really don't want to talk about it, but I don't want them to be mad at me.' You think. As if Wanda read your mind she said, "y/n, you don't have to. Guys let's just let it go." she shot them all a look and they immediately understood.

The Avengers and you all talk for an hour and you start to feel more comfortable with them. But the entire time Natasha was silent and was alternating her gaze between you and Peter. 'Maybe she likes Peter, oh I don't want to get in her way because I don't like him like that.' You think.

Everyone slowly left the common room one by one until it was just you, Peter, Wanda, and Nat. Peter and Wanda were joking around and talking while you and Nat just listened to their conversation. You caught her staring at you a couple of times, but each time you looked her way she quickly avoided your gaze and acted like she wasn't just staring at you. Peter suddenly got up, "y/n, I gotta go. Make yourself at home, I'll be back later." He says making you slightly pout at the fact that the only person you know is leaving. You tell him goodbye and then Wanda shortly follows him out, saying she had some errands to run, leaving you and Natasha alone.

After a good minute of awkward silence, you finally spoke up, "Sooo, thanks for uhm, for last night. Sorry about that by the way." You said and your gaze traveled down to your hands which were placed on top of your lap. "Yeah, your welcome, don't worry about it." She said and you could feel her eyes burning holes into you. "By the way, where did you go?" she said this time in a more soft tone. You quickly dart your head up and look into her eyes. "Oh, right. Tony helped take off the thing I had around my ankle." You said getting quieter towards the end. She nodded and quickly left the room leaving you alone.