Chapter Nineteen

"Have you ever done mini golf?" She asked. You cringed a little but excitingly, "would you believe me if I told you no?" You asked feeling embarrassed because it's a common thing that people do. "Well great, then I get to be your first time." She said and you smiled and turned to watch how focused she was on the road. "I promise, it's fun." She said, "what if I don't have fun?" You asked playfully. "Well if you don't have fun then I'll owe you." She said and you pretended to think. "Okay." You said knowing that it was more likely that you would have fun.

You finally arrived and as soon as she turned off the car you excitingly got out of the car and she quickly got out to not waiting. When you reached the entrance, she looked at you with awe as soon as she caught a glimpse of the pure joy on your face. Once you got inside she got the mini gold clubs and two golf balls, a red one for you and a yellow one for her.

You walked over to the first hole, "I think I'm going to be pretty good at this." You say confidently. "Okay how about we make a bet?" She says and you give her an intrigued look, "what do you have in mind?" She smirks at you, "If I win then I get to kiss you tonight," she said and you pretended to think about it, "And what do I get if I win?" You asked, "Whatever you want." Your face lit up with excitement, "Game on." You said and you laughed because you knew that you were going to lose.

You went first and ended up taking 2 shots to get the ball in the hole and you were proud of yourself, even though Natasha got a hole in one. "Wow so you decided to make a bet with me before I knew that you were good." You said. "Yep, all part of the master plan." She smirked at you before walking to the next hole. She never missed once, "how are you so good at this?" You asked. "I used to play a lot with Clint, and he never misses." She says and you laugh because it's true, in the time you've known him, he's never missed anything really.

You took your finally shot, "YES!" You cheered, proud of yourself. "Good job malysh (baby)" she said then went wide eyed. "What was that?" You asked because you don't speak Russian. "Nothing." She said trying to shake it off. "Okay" you said dragging out the 'y' because you know she definitely said something. Natasha ended with a score of 18 and you with 43, but who's counting right? You were counting obviously because it was your first time and little did you know Natasha was keeping track as well to make sure that she had won, even if it was a no brainer. But her main focus was making sure that you had fun the entire time, which you did and it showed. Like when you would hit the golf ball and it would get blocked and roll right back to you, and you would laugh so hard before looking at her and motioning to fist bump because that shot was 'too good for the course to handle' which made her laugh. Natasha cannot remember the last time she had laughed so much in one day.

"Do you want to get some food?" She said as the two of you were walking to the car, "sure" you said still high from the joy of mini golfing. She opened the door for you and closed it once you got in before getting into the drivers side and turning on the car. The simple gestures she keeps making are so sweet because you didn't ask or expect anything from her. The thought gave you butterflies.

You arrived at a diner, "what do you want?" Natasha asked you and you were confused, "a grilled cheese?" You replied and she nodded and went inside. 5 minutes later she came back out with a paper bag and two waters. You kept your eyes on her as she put the bag and waters down, "I thought we could go to the park and eat." She suggested and you nodded with a smile.

When you arrived at the park, you both got out and she grabbed the paper bag and you grabbed the two waters. You then followed her over to a bench and sat down sideways, so the two of you were facing each other. "What's in the bag of mystery?" You asked playfully, "Well let's just see, first we have a grilled cheese." She said as she pulled the sandwich out of the bag and handed it to you before she grabbed onto the bottom of the bag and flipped it over to make like nothing was inside. "Empty?" You said playing along to her game and she nodded and flipped the bag back over and closed it. "Now wave your hand over the bag" she said and you did. She went to open the bag again, this time pulling out another grilled cheese and mini bag of fries. Your eyes went wide and your jaw dropped in mock surprise. "Oh wipe that look off your face" she said playfully as she unwrapped her sandwich. You started unwrapping your sandwich and looked up at the sky. "You like the stars?" Natasha asked breaking you out of your trance. "Yeah" you say and you remember your date with Bucky, but quickly snap out of it because your with Natasha and she deserves your undivided attention.

"You know what would be good with these fries?" You say as you grab one from the bag. She raises her eyebrow, "ice cream" you say like it's obvious and she keeps her eye brow raised. "Oh my gosh! Don't tell me-" you say in shock but she cuts you off, "I've never had ice cream with fries. That's doesn't even sound appealing." You mock a hurt expression, "I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that, I promise it's good." You say very sure of yourself. "And if it's not?" You smile and remember what she said before mini golf, "then I'll owe you" and she raises her eyebrows as your confidence. You grab her hand, "Grab the fries and come on." You pull her off the bench and too the car.

She drives you to the nearest ice cream shop and you quickly get out of the car and into the store. Just to make sure she'd enjoy the ice cream with the fries you played it safe and ordered one scoop of chocolate and one vanilla in a cup with two spoons. Natasha grabbed the fries out of the car and you both leaned against the trunk. You grabbed a fry from the bag, "now dip it in like a chip and dip," you said as you showed her how to do it. She dipped one fry in the vanilla and one in the chocolate, holding one in each hand. "Which one should I try first?" She asked, "hmm, my first time I tried with vanilla," you said and with that she threw the vanilla ice cream coated french fry into her mouth. As she began to chew her face lit up, "Good?" You asked even though you know that she likes it. She nodded quickly and as soon as she swallowed, she threw the chocolate coated fry into her mouth and she seemed to have liked that one better.

Eventually the two of you ran out of fries but still had ice cream left so you used the spoons to eat it. You managed to get some ice cream on the side on your lip, "You got some-" Natasha started before she stepped toward you and swiped the ice cream off with her thumb, which she then licked off. "Thanks" you whispered, due to the fact that she was now standing very close to you, where your noses where inches apart.