Birthday Girl

Taylor's pov
It took me a while to find something good enough for Laura's surprise birthday party, I mean she is turning 35, and I already rented the whole beach once, so I had to beat that.
But in order for my plan to work, I have to ignore Laura, and make her believe I'm mad at her as well.
Days go by, and I'm still sticking to my plan, and finally today's the day, the last time I have to pretend to be okay with the fact that we're fighting, the last time I have to pretend like I'm doing fine.
I head to work, and immediately spot Laura who was sitting alone reading her script, and so I headed to my trailer as I didn't want to rub it in her face by talking to the group.

After filming the last scene, we all head straight home to get ready, as they were all invited to the party.
I quickly shower do my hair, get dressed, and head straight to Laura's.
On my way there, I call Natasha as she is managing the party while I'm away,
"Hey Tasho, everything okay?" I greet her.
"Yeah yeah, hang up already." She says.
"Fine bye!" I give up.
"Hey, Tay? Good luck." She murmurs.
"Thank you." I say, hanging up.
I arrive at her appartment and just sit there, infront of her door, and eventually I get the courage to knock on the door.
She opens up and I find her in a messy bun and wearing sweats which she totally rocked, but that wasn't my point.
"Laura, hi." I greet her.
"What do you need?" She asks, obviously annoyed.
"Come I need to show you something." I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her away from her house.
"Wha-"
"Just get in, it's about a 5 minute-drive." I interrupt, closing Laura's door and walking to the driver's side.

__________________
Laura's pov
We arrive at the peer, which is confusing as nothing's pretty exciting here, and I was expecting a birthday party or something.
I get out off the car, and follow Taylor, wherever she is going..
"What are we doing here?" I ask.
"Just walk, I need you to see this." She urges.
"Fine." I shrug.

About 2 minutes later, we arrive near a helicopter, which obviously was ready to take off.
"Taylor, what are we doing here? Am I getting deported?" I joke, apparently I thought cracking jokes was appropriate.
"Babe, get in." She says.
"You rented a fucking heli?" I scream.
"Well it is your 35th birthday. That's the least I could do." She smiles, helping me get in.
"So does this mean-"
"Oh shut up and enjoy it, I'm not missing your birthday because you're mad at me." I interrupt her.
_________________
Taylor's pov

We laugh, and enjoy the entire trip, and about five minutes before the end, I decide it was time.
"Hey Lau?" I ask.
"mhm.." She nods.
"Will you marry me?" I propose.
"I thought we were already married." She laughs.
"Way to ruin my proposal..." I laugh.
Then, I get the ring out of my pocket and hold her hand;
"When I first met you.." I start tearing up, "I never thought we'd end up here, I never imagined I'd fall in love you, I'd laugh if people told me we'd end up as more than friends.
But now? I can't even be away from you long enough, I can't even spend a minute without thinking about you Laura, I know it's messed up, but I-I just love you." I cry.
"I can't even finish my damn speech! There's a reason why girls don't do this!" I add.
Then, Laura gets on one knee too, and tries to help me with me speech.
"Okay, okay, I'll do it." She reassures me,
"I thought, happy ever after was about knowing someone long enough to realize you wanted to spend the rest of your life with her, but then I realized it was about love, and being happy.." she pauses, "And Taylor, I'm in love with you, I'm happy with you, I don't think anyone could ever make me feel the way you do." she says.
"I thought I was proposing.." I laugh,
"So Laura, what do you say, will you be my happy ever after? Will you marry me and make me the happiest person on earth?" I ask, smiling.
"Of course I will." She giggles and kisses me, then we hug.
"One minute till landing." The captain says.

_________________
Laura's pov
We landed on top of a building, and Taylor rushed me into the nearest bathroom,
"Engagement sex?" I joke.
"Get dressed already." She laughs.
"Whoa that dress is amaaazing Tay, did you pick it out ?" I ask, puting it on.
"Obviously.Put your sweats in this bag." She replies.
"Okay, here." I say handing her my clothes, and heading out of the bathroom stall, "Zip me up?" I ask.
"Sure." She says, closing my dress.
Then she dumps my bag in a corner and drags me to the elevator,
"Where are we going?" I ask.
"You'll see." She teases.

We get to the 21st floor and as soon the elevator lands, and the doors open, everyone screams
"SURPRISE!"
"Oh my God, you guys!" I shout.
"Nope, that was all Taylor." Natasha says, pulling me into a hug.
"Taylor you shouldn't have!" I say, kissing her.
"How was I supposed to get you to stop ignoring me? Plus, it's your birthday babe. Now show off your ring already." She jokes.
"Oh my God!" Natasha exclaims.
"Congrats!" Uzo says.
"I knew you had it in you!" Lea says.
"I shipped Laylor since day one." Danielle says.
"Okay girls stop hogging my fiancée." I say.
"I love your french accent.." Taylor says.
"Get a room!" Natasha screams.
"Oh I intend to." Taylor smirks.

____________
Taylor's pov
I search for Laura as we barely spent any time together, but then I spot her talking to some friends from some old show she was in,
"Hey guys!" I try to fit in.
".... And so she told me I couldn't do it, so I told her watch me, and actually ran the whole stadium in flip flops." Says some guy I didn't recognize.
"Uh-you guys, this is Taylor, my fiancée." Laura introduces me.
They all greet me, since it was the polite thing to do, but go on with their conversation like I wasn't even there.
So I took a hint and just left.
I went out to the balcony, actually the fire escape, with a glass of whisky and grabbed some smokes out of my purse.
I light up my cigarette, my first cigarette in about .. 6 months. I always keep a box, in case I cave and need one to hold on a little longer.
And for a while there, I just relaxed and forgot about all this, everything around me, it all turned into smoke.
Somehow, Natasha finds my hiding spot and joins me.
"What or who are you hiding from?" She asks, grabbing my cigarette and taking a smoke.
"I don't know. Life? Actually Laura." I sigh.
"Whoa trouble in paradise?" She asks.
"It's not that, I'm just scared that she'll get bored you know? Like since I commited to her-"
"Oh fuck off already, it's Laura, she's mad about you, so shut up about it." Natasha snaps.
"Geez you're nice. What are you doing here anyway?" I ask.
"I saw smoke so I figured I could probably join whoever was after this." She admits.
Then, Laura bursts in and grabs me by the waist,
"There you are! I've been looking for you!" She shouts.
"I'll just leave.." Natasha manages to say before slipping out of there.
"C'mon I gotta show you something." Laura screams.
"Shhh you're drunk, I'm not following you anywhere." I say.
"Oh shut up and follow me." She orders.
We take the first escape to the roof top, where we initially landed, and which was now deserted.
She pushes me up against the ladder and brings our lips together.
I'm in surprise for a second before kissing her back running my hands up and down her body. When we separate , she pulls the dress off me and kisses up and down my neck while pressing into my hips.
I can't help but let out a moan,
"Shhh, you'll get us caught." Laura says.
She goes back to kissing my neck, then unclippes my bra throwing it away, then realized it fell off the roof and landed on the 21st, where the party was taking place.
"Fuck." She curses.
"Wha- did I do something wrong?" I ask in shock.
"No it's just, I threw your bra down there.." she says pointing to the fire escape.
"Fuck. Go get it! Oh my God, you're so bad at this. Where's my dress?" I panic.
"Shit, wait here." She says.
"I sure as hell am not leaving without my bra Laura." I retort.
She makes her way down stairs as I start dressing up, then rushes back up handing me my bra.
"Way to ruin the mood. Good job." I say sarcastically as I was annoyed.
"Oh, we could still-"
"Don't" I interrupt her.

___________________
Laura's pov
We head back to the party, and I barely make eye contact with Natasha, as she had witnessed the bra thing and I think she's onto to something, or onto me,
but I wasn't gonna tell Taylor about it, since she was fuming about the whole incident in the first place.
Speaking of the devil, Natasha walks over to the bar, grabs a drink, and makes her way towards me,
"I saw you." She states.
"Saw what exactly?" I ask, hesitantly.
"Oh, y'know.." she teases.
"It was nothing." I smile.
"Fine, whatever, I'll let it go, but only because you're the birthday girl." She says.

_________
Writers pov
I'm sorry this chapter's late, and it's also short, but I really had no idea on what to write and I'm going through a huge writer block. Please cope with me while I work this out.