Don't get too comfy

Laura's pov

I head to the cafeteria set, where I had a scene with Yael, Tasho and Taylor.

"And action!", the director screams, as I stood in line.

"I'm not gay." I hear Piper say.

"All right. I'm just saying, I've noticed a pattern developing around breakfast time.See, you come in late, just before Vause.Strategically staggered arrival? Sounds familiar." Nicky retorts

"No, absolutely not.That's ridiculous." Piper stutters.

"Okay, where were you then?" Nicky asks.

"AND SCENE" The director screams again.

"So we'll add the scene in the chapel here, and we'll film it later, now we'll do the part where alex comes in, and the end of Nicky and Piper's conversation." Jenji says.
We all nod, and take our assigned places.

"Places everyone, and 3,2,1-ACTION." the director says.

"So, yes, Alex and I have been spending a lot of time together but it's not like I'm-"
"What, rejoining the softball league?"Nicky interrupts.
"No, softball is the furthest thing from my mind." Piper rants.

"Oh, no, let me be clear. By softball, I meant two in her front and then one in the butt, and then just eating her pussy a lot, 'cause you like it so much. And playing with her titties." Nicky teases.

"Alex and I are very old friends.
We have an affectionate relationship.
I need that. I'm human.
It's about comfort, right?" Piper says.

"Hey, Morello, remember when we used to comfort each other?" Nicky gestures to her former girlfriend.

"Sure. You were very comfortable!"Lorna agrees.

It was my turn to enter the set,
"Hey, guys." I smiled, taking a seat next to Nicky, "just barely made breakfast." I add.

"Long shower line?" Nicky asks.

"Yeah, it was really awful today." I agreed with whatever she had to say.

"Your hair's dry." She adds, calling bullshit, so Piper and I stare into each other's eyes.

And for once, the feelings we have for each other are not fake, and our acting has turned into something real.

"And scene." The director calls, making everyone clap.
"Amazing! The last part felt so real." Uzo says, huging us both.
"Hey Laura can I talk to you?" Taylor asks me.
"Sure babe." I reply, "I'll head over to your trailer once I'm done."

__________________
Taylor's pov
I walk to my trailer, and go over some scenes with Jason,
"Will you say that o- just one more time for me? And This time Just lean to the camera for the photo." Jasons says.
"Oh you asshole!" I fake laugh.
"Come on, I haven't captured the moment!" he nags.
"What? -Turn it off! Give me that!" I laugh.
"Let's rehearse the kiss." He says leaning forward.
And halfway into the kiss, Laura comes in, "What the fuck?" she screams, and runs off.
"Laur-wait!" I shout and run after her, but she was already gone.
The entire cast had witnessed that, and Jason was still shocked as to why she got mad, since we were just acting, and frankly so was I.
I excuse myself and walk to the parking, until I realise we came in one car, and she took the keys.
I walk back up to the set, wanting to ask Jason for his keys, but then I think about it, and ask Natasha instead, who gladly offers to drive me there since I was in no shape to do it myself.
"Hey bae I'll be in the neighborhood call me if you need anything." Tash says dropping me off.
"Sure, thanks. Love you, see you later." I wave goodbye.
Before I knock on the door, I overhear Laura on the phone,
"It won't happen again-" she says before the caller cuts her off.
"I can't leave her mid-season!" she shouts.
"Oh c'mon, at least let me do season 2" she pleads.
"Fine whatever, call my manager, deal with him, we had a contract you can't just call it off" she threatens.
"Okay bye, I'm sorry, I understand you're just the messenger, I'm sorry I got mad at you." she says, hanging up.

I knock on the door, and wait for Laura to open up,
"See what you did?" She provokes me.
"You overreacted, we were just rehearsing for God's sake. What is wrong with you? You're getting fired because of this." I reply.
"Fired? It's not that." She says.
"Then?"I ask.
"We can't date date." She whispers.
"WHAT?" I shout.
"Calm down." She holds my hand.
"I can't deal with this now, I-I have to go." I say, letting go of her hand and calling Natasha to pick me up.
Coincidentally, she was still infront of the building.
"What's wrong sweets?" she asks, driving off.
"Laura messed up big time, the production won't let us date anymore, something about a contract? I don't know." I sob.
"Whoa that's so fucked up." she adds.
We then drive to the set, as I needed to speak to Jenji about this.

I walk straight to her office,
"Can we talk?" I ask, and she points to the chair.
"I assume it's about the contract." she guesses.
"Well yeah, why can't we actually date?" I wonder.
"Because we can't have you hate each other, after you break up." she admits.
"We are professionals, c'mon, besides we're not breaking up anytime soon." I find myself saying things I had never thought I'd say.
"I'm sorry, we just can't risk it." She says.
"Thank you." I politely say, closing the door behind me.
I leave and start tearing up, I call up Laura but she won't pick up. I guess this is it then, we're no longer dating, and we won't even be there for each other as friends.

___________________
Laura's pov
Back to where we started, Taylor obviously hates me for ruining our relationship, and I can't help it but feel like shit.
I pour myself a drink, and eventually finish the whole bed before the alcohol gets to me, and puts me out of my misery for a brief moment during which I slept.
And that was probably it, for about a week, all I did was drink and feel sorry for myself.

_____________
Writer's pov
Please don't hate me for doing that.
I swear it'll get better... hopefully.