So close yet so far.

Laura's pov
I ring the bell, and soon hear footsteps heading towards the door,
"Hey.." Taylor greets me, while heading to her sitting room.
"So, what do you need? I'm kinda in a hurry I need to meet with Mark as I'm looking for new auditions." I say.
"Please, hold on, have a seat." She says gesturing me to sit on the couch beside her.
"Okay, 10 minutes." I tell her, as I'm taking a seat.
"I can't let you quit, we can work this out, I mean it's not fair to you, I'm mostly at fault here-"
"No, no you're not." I interrupt.
"I am, don't bother persuading me. If you quit I will, too" She admits.
"Why would you quit? You got what you wanted. I'm off the show" I tell her, heading out.
She grabs my hand, not letting me leave.
And for a minute, all the hatred we had towards each other, just disappeared, and we stared into each other's eyes, filled with sadness and desperation, as we were both desperate for each other but didn't acknowledge that yet.
"I-I have to go.." I say, running towards the exit.
She follows me out, and asks me
"Promise you won't quit?"
"Yeah uh-bye." I say, as I rush to my car trying to avoid that situation.

__________________
Taylor's pov
I had heard of the rumors about Laura pushing me, and the situation not being an accident, and it hadn't bother me until now, knowing how she really felt.
So, I head out to the set earlier than expected, and told the Jenji the true story,
"About earlier.."
"No, I know, I'll talk to Laura." Jenji reassures me.
"What? It's not Laura's fault!" I exclaim.
"Then what happened?" She asks.
"Well, I was really nervous since it's Laura Prepon you know, and as the hot and sexy part approached I wanted to put it off as long as I could until I was ready" I lie.
"Oh, Taylo, you shouldn't feel that way, we're all pros here, now go get some rest and we'll do the scene later take all the time you need." Jenji says, pulling me into a hug.
I thank her then head to my trailer.

A few minutes later, someones knocks on my door,
"Whoever you are, leave!" I shout, as I was not in the mood.
Although the knocking got louder,
"Geez fine I'm coming hold on!" I cave.
*knocks harder*
"What?" I snap, opening the door.
Suddenly I see Laura rushing in,
"Wha-"
She interrupts me with a kiss on the cheek.
"What was that for?" I blush.
"Girl, you saved my ass out there, and so I'm thanking you." She says.
"Well you are gonna need more than a kiss to thank me", I joke. "Whoa that sounded so dirty" I think.
"Tomorrow night. Dinner, my treat." She says.
"Tomorrow?" I ask, wondering if I had plans.
"It's not an offer or a suggestion you are coming." She says.
"Okay then, but is it like a date like should we warn Lenny so that we don't blow up our cover?" I ask.
"Oh, I haven't thought about that, sure. Unless you want me to cook us a meal?" She offers.
"As much as I'd love to get food poisoning, I'm gonna pass" I admit.
"Well now I've taken it personally, my place then." She retorts.
"Uh-okay" I nod, in agreement.