Chapter Fourteen - His Little Soldier

"Wake up little soldier." My dad beside me shaking me side to side slowly waking me up. I rested my back against the head board of my bed sitting up and wiping my face. I looked up at him. He was dressed in his army uniform I smiled. Every Saturday goes to this training.

"Cadet training begins soon."

I sat up giggling wildly while saluting giving the deepest voice my eight year old squeaky one could muster.

"Sir yes Sir." I couldn't help but laugh as I got off my bed and slip on my miniature army uniform and combat boots. I walked to him handing him the elastic. I didn't exactly know how to put a ponytail so it could fit through my army fatigue hat.

"Ready Cadet?"

"Yes Sir." My dad broke off into a jog and I followed behind him in silence. It was only me and him home. It was only our home. Two years ago he left my mom and then came to get me and packed all my stuff I've been living here ever since. I rather live with my dad then my mom because she is always mean to me. I'm happy that I have my daddy.

I followed him to the kitchen. He made us both a glass of milk.

"Here drink it'll keep your bones strong."

I nodded sharply taking the cup and gulping it all down. I wiped away my milk mustache and jogged to the back yard well the patio. The patio covered half if the back yard. It had the rain cover thingy over any openings in it. To see there were flashlights and candles in the corners of it. I don't know how he got them to stick to the ceiling.

"Stretches Cadet." He ordered standing in front of me.

"Jumping jacks. Let's go." He instructed doing them himself as well.

We did up to twenty jumping jacks.

"Diamond push ups go."

He helped me connect my thumb and index finger into a diamond. Then crossed my legs for me then went in front of me and did the same thing. I lifted and then went down it really hurt.

"Daddy I can't." I whined sitting on my feet.

"Don't say that Mya."

"It's to hard daddy." I whined again

"Mya for me you should never give up you could never fail you will always do your best you should never let anyone get you down or succeed in doubting you because you yourself are a great work of art. When your thinking about giving up just know I believe in you."

"Thanks daddy." I smiled putting my self back in the position for push ups.

Up , Down. I kept telling myself with each push up the pain wasn't so bad after a few of them we ended up doing fifteen. I had to push myself a bit but I guess it was okay.

We stood up and he handed me a knife. My eyes widened at the sight of it. Does he want me to cut him? No I can't. The door bell rang and I took a deep breath. I sat the knife on a nearby table walking through the door leading into the kitchen. Then down the hallway to the front door.

I opened. "Hello? Cadet Mya at your service what can I do for you. " I saluted but then I opened my eyes to see my sister Alisha smiling at me. I hugged her tightly and the lady she was with brought her bags into the door. After hugging me Alisha ran to our father who was walking to us and she jumped on him squeezing him tightly.