Chapter One - Broke

"I'm only going to ask you once more Mya where were you?"

Tears welt up in my eyes at the sight of the buckle she clutched in her hands as she focused solely on me ignoring the giggling and chatter from my little sister. I hate her - my sister, not because she is younger and gets away with everything. But, because when dad died my life took a three-sixty turn for the worse because of her and her lies .

I was always the daddies girl and Crystal was always the mommies girl, because of that I never was actually with my mom. Since my parents got divorced and me and Crystal seperated. Alisha - my other sister came to live with my dad a little after the divorce. When we were forced to move back with our mother, Alisha always had managed to stay completely clear of the lady I try but now I'm in this situation and I can't even get her eyes off me.

"Hello? Mya."

I didn't even have time to speak before her buckle pierced my arm. IIt hit my skin , bruised my flesh and I swore it scared my bone because the feeling was still there when she removed the buckle from my arm. Not long after that I was on the floor covering my head with my arms and  putting my head to my knees . The buckle continuously banged against my skin.

To only think this is all because I overslept and ended up at school late and the school called telling her it's unacceptable so I got expelled . The only reason I overslept was because she wanted me to stay up with her to help - well actually do all the work on her job of designing house interior and exterior in her scrap book and I got no credit - of course.

Eventually the pain stopped from piercing my skin. But, still I felt the tole that belt was doing to my upper back and arms .

I have actually tried to get help to get away from them. She only told the police I was delusional and having suicidal thoughts and that I inflicted pain on myself as a cry for attention. I only wonder why they even bothered to listen to her when she told them my wounds, cuts and bruises were self inflicted.

For that I was locked in my room for days , only glad I have a bathroom in there. 

She blames me for everything and I hate it , although I hate my life and the abuse she inflicts on me because my dad left her. I would never stoop so low and kill myself I was raised better - not by her.

Slowly I pulled myself up and limped up to my room. I crawled into my bed slowly weeping away closing my eyes to let my body relax only it didn't and true pain settled in. Not only the aching in my flesh but the aching in my heart as well.

* * *

5:30 flashing in my face as my alarm hammers against my walls. I squinted my eyes at the spongebob clock on my bedside table . Groaning to myself as my body ached . I smacked the top of the clock shutting the alarm off and dragging myself to my bathroom.

I stared into the mirror and smiled to myself. I am beautiful I told myself softly touching my clear of blemishes creamy skin. Staring into my deep gray eyes and my white smile as my hair fell over my shoulders and down my back. Still smiling to myself if there's one thing someone not even that retched bitch I call 'mother' can take away from me is my beauty.

I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and turned the shower on hot. I climbed into the shower the hot bristles bouncing off my aching skin soothing me. I slowly sat on the floor of the shower allowing the water to slide down my back and into my hair as I rested my head on my knees. Sighing to myself seeing as this will be my only moment of peace today.