Chapter Five - Reaquainted

'I walked into my parents room and my dad was in there packing his clothes dressed in his fancy suit on his phone.

"Daddy where you going?"

He turned to me and hung up the phone. He zipped the suit case and grabbed the handle and walked towards me and picked me up.

"Mya I will be back I promise."

I started to cry. I didn't want him to leave.

"Why are you leaving daddy? "

"Mommy and daddy won't be living together any more so I am going to my own home."

"Daddy please take me with you."

"I. can't. Mya I'm sorry. "

We were at the front door and he put me on the floor. He knelt down in front of me. He dug in his pocket and handed me a locket. I opened it on one side was a picture of us together at the park laughing. On the other side words were engraved.

"Daddy what's that say?" I said pointing to the words.

"I will always come back for you."

"You promise?" I said with my pinky between us.

"I promise Mya." He said locking his pinky around mine.

I closed the locket. Looking at the front it had more words engraved in it.

"What's this say Daddy.?"

"I love you." One tear dropped from his eye as he kissed my forehead. "I have to go Mya. " He got up opening the door.

I started to cry again."I love you too Daddy."

He started to walk down the drive way. I couldn't believe he was actually going. He got into his car and backed up into the road. "Please don't go." I whispered as his car disappeared down the road and I clutched the locket in my hand to my heart. I closed the front door and ran into my room and cried myself to sleep.'

* * *

My eyes flew open and I was in a cold sweat. Crying and breathing heavily. It was like I was there all over again. It's like it happened all over again. During my child hood I had to say goodbye to him three times. It only seemed to get worse each time.

I slid from under Chases' arm. I walked over to the closet and grabbed my bag. I sat in the closet since it was a walk in closet and I grabbed my phone. I texted Alisha.

'Lili you up?'

'Yeah what?'

'Gotta talk to you :/'

'Later.'

'Kay.'

I put my phone beside me. I dug into the front pocket of my bag. I pulled out the locket . I opened it running my fingers over the words beside the picture.

I closed the locket and clutched it in my hands taking a breath and looking up at the ceiling. After relaxing my self I grabbed my phone and stood to my feet . I walked out of the closet dragging my suitcase with me. I filled one side of the dresser against the wall with my clothes and left the other side for Chase.