37. The End

Life passed for Y/N L/N, he lived a prosperous and happy life surrounded by everyone he loved. He continued living happily with his family and his extended family, grateful for every day that he had with them. He was no longer plagued by the past and he no longer struggled with his personal identity, he knew who he was. He knew who Y/N L/N was.

He was a determined and brave soldier, he was a loyal friend and he was fierce lover, he loved harder than anyone else. These were all core values that stuck with him, even when he was F/N Malfoy.

He lived without any grudges and he learned to forgive everyone. It was too short of a life to hate everyone around him. It was hard, but with time, he forgave Albus Dumbledore for everything he did. He had his reasons, some reasons Y/N did not agree with, but he was never selfish. He looked out for the greater good of the Wizarding World and even if it didn't seem like it, he did care about Y/N.

His wife, Hermione Granger, soon became the Ministry of Magic and Y/N was ecstatic for her, she made history as the first Muggle-born Minister and would definitely advocate for positive changes within the Wizarding World. She deserved every bit of success that came her way, she was the epitome of kindness.

Y/N himself would sometimes go and coach local Quidditch teams but he would never make a massive commitment as he wanted to be there for his family. He started writing his own memoir, compiling notes from the journal he used during the era of the war as well as recounting his own personal experiences. He never really thought about publishing it, but he was ready to tell his story to whoever wanted to listen.

Time passed quickly and life moved on. The kids began to graduate and began their adult lives and started their own families. Before Y/N knew it, he was a grandfather, an uncle and much much more. He would never take a day for granted, he was given a second chance and he sure as well was going to make the most of it. He loved everyone around him and made sure they would never forget it. Especially Hermione, she meant the world to him and he owed everything to her. Even if he didn't tell her everyday, he made sure she knew how much he appreciated and loved her.

However, with time passing, it meant that people left him. No one could live forever. Y/N tried not to be sad when everyone close to him began to leave. He rather thought about how lucky he was to have them in his life and that all good things must come to an end. In the word's of his wise father Sirius Black, the ones that love us never really leave us. We could always find them in our heart.

Y/N was a realist, he knew he also couldn't live forever. He wouldn't waste his time worrying about death though when he could be enjoying and cherishing every day he was alive.

And in the famous words of Albus Dumbledore. To the well organised mind, death is nothing but the next great adventure.

He would cherish everything that was good about his life. His two wonderful children, his amazing friends who stuck by him through thick and thin, his first three friends he made at Hogwarts were his lifelong friends, with one of them ending up being his wife. He cherished his successful Quidditch career and most importantly he would forever cherish how he ended up with the love of his life, his soulmate, his anchor.

Once Y/N finished his memoir eventually, he sat by the calm and comforting fireplace and began to read it, reliving his life. The good, the bad and the ugly. He hoped whoever would find it would get an insight into his life and his experiences and perhaps learn from his mistakes and take lessons from his book.

His fingers flipped to the very first chapter.

Diagon Alley.

And from there he flipped through each and every page and read every single word. He read his life from beginning to the end.

It was time. He was ready.

The third time's a charm.

He looked and saw a hooded figure, someone he had been all too familiar with.

With nothing but happiness and content in his heart, Y/N L/N smiled and greeted Death like an old friend.

And just like all good stories, it was the end.

The end of Y/N L/N's story.