2. Voldemort's Rise

Y/N's POV

After the realisation that Axel was indeed a wizard, the boy looked at me and Nick with fear and terror that someone had discovered his secret. I looked at Axel, trying to find something to talk about, what was I supposed to do now?

Take him to Hogwarts?

"My father knows," Axel told us quickly, "that's why he divorced my mother."

So the magic came from his mother's side. I cocked my eyebrow in curiosity as I inspected the boy, trying to figure out the next steps for him.

"Do you want to learn magic?" I asked him. "There's a school for wizards."

"I know," Axel said plainly, "a woman where I live offered me a wand and my letter. I said no though."

"Why?" Nick asked.

Axel shrugged. "My dad wouldn't pay for my stuff, he hates anything to do with magic."

"Your mum must've left you something," Nick commented before turning to me, "won't he have money in the wizard bank?"

"Possibly." I mused.

The first solution I thought of was the Burrow, but I had already forced Nick into their care and it would've been incredibly rude of me to make them take care of Axel as well.

"I want to learn magic," Axel said suddenly, "I want to go to that magic school."

I rolled my eyes. "It's not that simple. You're years behind-"

"-I've been learning some spells with the woman who gave me my wand."

"Let me finish," I said sternly and Axel merely glared at me, "the Wizarding world is now in such a fragile state that your education is quite possibly the least important thing on everyone's mind."

"But-"

"No 'buts'," I interjected, "I'm not the most liked person right now but I can try and see if anything can be done for you."

Axel nodded and just then, an excruciating pain engulfed my forearm. I lifted my sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark, prominent and burning on my skin.

"Fuck..." I muttered before turning to the two boys, "I have to go. Nick go stay with Axel for a bit, I'll find you two when I'm finished."

Axel and Nick nodded and after I got Axel's address, I Disapparated away to Malfoy Manor, ready to face Voldemort. The reason I didn't want Nick to go back to the Burrow was because I knew something was going on within the Order and something was going to happen and it would be unsafe for a Muggle to get in the middle of all of that.

When I walked into Malfoy Manor, I was greeted by Madison who gave me a kiss before telling me that Voldemort was here for a meeting with all the Death Eaters.

"They're just in there." Madison pointed to a door as I made my way towards it, pushing it open.

"Y/N, my boy..." Voldemort hissed once he saw me, "Whitmore sit with your parents, Y/N sit next to me."

Madison rushed off to where Thadicus and Caroline were and sat in between them whilst I sat on the right of Voldemort.

"Continue." Voldemort told Snape once me and Madison had both sat down.

"My Lord, the Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on Saturday next, at nightfall." Snape said,

"Saturday...at nightfall." repeated Voldemort.

Snape, however, looked calmly back into Voldemort's face and, after a moment or two, Voldemort's lipless mouth curved into something like a smile. "Good. Very good. And this information comes-"