28. The Battle Begins

Y/N's POV

I wasn't entirely sure how much time had passed but me and Hermione laid next to each other, simply enjoying the company - it may have been the last time we ever were so intimate with each other. I had never felt as happy as I did now, however, I knew it wouldn't last. It was all going to go down, Voldemort knew that Harry had started hunting down his Horcruxes. The final battle was incoming.

Hermione and I were interrupted by the commotion outside the room. I quickly scrambled up and put on my discarded garments before checking what was going on.

"It's Snape!" one of the members yelled. "He's called for all students to go to the Great Hall."

Neville looked worried. "Do you think they've got Harry?"

At the possibility of Harry being captured, Hermione quickly organised herself and soon the two of us were joining the others - hurriedly making our way to the Great Hall.

As we made our way into the Great Hall, we had to be seperated into houses. I gave Hermione a quick kiss before disappearing, trying to find the Slytherins. I looked around for Draco and when I found him, he backed away from me.

"Don't come near me." Draco snarled.

I looked at him desperately. "Draco-"

He spoke to me in a deadly whisper. "You killed my father."

I had almost no regrets for what I did that night at the Malfoy Manor, my only regret was the impact it had on someone I had come to care for like a brother.

"I'm sorry, Draco." I said, looking at the boy.

He looked at me, with eyes that were almost fearful of me, before he turned away and joined the rest of his companions.

I entered the Great Hall alone, at the back of everyone else. No one was sat, each house was segregated and there was silence as Snape spoke.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you here at this house. It has come tomy attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade."

Murmurs filled the hall but Snape raised his own voice to silence the students.

"For myself and a few select members of the staff, this comes as little surprise. We have, for some time, considered Mr Potter's return to Hogwarts to be not only possible but inevitable. Should anyone - student or staff - attempt to aid Mr Potter, that person will be punished. Rest assured: so long as I am Headmaster at Hogwarts, Harry Potter will never again step foot in this castle."

Cheers erupted from the Slytherins in front of me but I stayed silent. I could feel something moving in the shadows behind me as Snape continued to speak.

"Now then. If anyone here has knowledge of Mr Potter's movements this evening...I invite them to step forward now."

The figure behind me moved forward, I didn't have to turn to know who it was.

"It would seem that, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster."

I finally turned around and Harry was accompanied by familiar individuals: Hermione, Ron, Arthur, Molly, Fred, George, Issac, Percy, Luna, Bill, Fluer, Kingsley.

"And I'm afraid it's rather extensive."

Who knew Harry Potter could be an absolute badass? The group looked at me, almost waiting to see if I would join them. I wanted to yet I remained glued to the spot I was.

"How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it was that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you...and killed him. Tell them!"