7. Harry's Horcruxes

Y/N's POV

They all eyed me suspiciously as I looked around and moved around Grimmauld Place. I knew that I would have to regain their trust and I knew that there was so much left unspoken between me and Hermione but for now, I wanted to enjoy reuniting with all my best friends again. Granted, so much had changed about me, it was still nice to feel like everything had returned to normal.

I wouldn't try and pretend that everything was good because otherwise, I would be lying to myself, everything was bad. Voldemort was on the brink of taking over the Wizarding world and I felt like the fate of it heavily rested on me and Harry's shoulders.

I brushed my fingertips against one of the shelves in the living room of Grimmauld Place before I asked Harry a question. "What does he want you to do?"

"What do you mean?"

"What does Dumbledore want you to do?" I asked Harry.

Harry looked at me suspciously. "Why should I tell you?"

I looked at the boy. "Do you trust me?"

"I don't know!" Harry exclaimed. "One minute you're our friend and the next you're our enemy! You say it's an act but it's getting harder and harder to tell whether you're on our side or not!"

"Do you think I want him to rule the world?" I said in a deadly whisper, moving towards Harry.

He looked at me, almost frightened. "I-I don't know."

"The love of my life is a Muggle-born for Merlin's sake Harry!" I exclaimed, ignoring the fact that I had called Hermione the love of my life. "Do you think I would stand and support someone who wants to see her dead?"

That seemed to be enough for Harry. No matter how much time I had spent with Voldemort or how evil I seemed to be, I would always choose Hermione.

"Fine," Harry huffed, "I'll tell you."

We all sat around the kitchen table and Harry began telling me his story, most of it I already knew but I wanted to hear Harry's perspective. Dumbledore had told me all his plans but there was still something that he never told me.

The prophecy that referred to me in the Department of Mysteries.

"Vol-"

"Don't say his name Harry." I warned him.

"He's split his soul into several pieces and they're in different objects, we have to get rid of all of them before we kill him." Harry told me. "I don't know where to start but I know that's what Dumbledore wants me to do."

I nodded as I listened. "I wish I could help you, I truly want to accompany you guys to help hunt his Horcruxes but I need to return to him. He will get suspicious."

"Why can't you desert him? Leave him and join us." Ron demanded.

I sighed. "It doesn't work that way. In order for him to divulge his secrets to me, I have to show him all the loyalty I can give him. No matter what the cost."

"Even if it means killing your own family?" Hermione muttered quietly from the corner.

My head snapped to turn and face her, the dark memories of what had happened to my father re-entering my mind. "Yes," I whispered almost inaudibly, "like I said. No matter the cost."

"But what do you get out of this? Surely everything you know, the Order already knows." Harry asked me.

I shook my head. "You didn't know his name was Taboo, and I told you so. I saved you from being hunted by Snatchers."