21. The Deathly Hallows

The reason why Hermione was so desperate to see Xenophilius was because of the symbol that kept on showing up. Krum had claimed that it was 'Grindelwald's mark' at Bill and Fleur's wedding but it seemed like there was much more to it than just that.

"He wore this mark to the wedding," Harry muttered, "he must know something about it..."

"It keeps appearing!" Hermione exclaimed. "It was in the book that Dumbledore gave me as well..."

When they finally arrived at the place of residence for the Lovegoods, they immediately recognised it at once. It didn't take a genius to notice how absurd the house looked. The three of them had to walk up a hill before they reached the entrance to where the Lovegoods resided.

The gate creaked as they opened it. The zigzagging path leading to the front door was overgrown with a variety of odd plants.

"You'd better take off the Invisibility Cloak, Harry," said Hermione, "it's you Mr Lovegood wants to help, not us."

Harry did what Hermione suggested and removed the Cloak, as Hermione knocked on the door, both Harry and Ron waited eagerly.

The door was flung open and the man who answered it was not the same man they had seen at the wedding. Xenophilius Lovegood looked startled and looked like he wasn't taking his physical appearance into much consideration.

"What? What is it? Who are you? What do you want?"

"Hello Mr Lovegood," Harry said politely, "I'm Harry, Harry Potter. Is it alright if we came in? There's something we would like to ask you."

"I'm not sure that's advisable..." Xenophilius whispered.

"It won't take long." Harry assured, slightly disappointed by the less-than-warm welcome.

"I...oh alright then." Mr Lovegood said quickly.

They had barely walked through the door when he slammed the door shut, the three of them looked around at this peculiar kitchen they were in. In the middle of the flor, was an iron spiral staircase that led to the upper levels of the house.

"You'd better come up." Xenophilius Lovegood said, looking extremely uncomfortable as he lead the way.

As they walked up, they noticed how disorganised the room was but decided not to think too much of it, purely because they came for only one thing and didn't want to overstay their welcome.

After Hermione's comment on the items that Xenophilius owned which seemed to have irritated the older Lovegood slightly, the man spoke again.

"So why have you come here?"

"We need some help." said Harry, before Hermione could start again.

"Ah..." Xenophilius said quietly, "the thing is...helping Harry Potter is rather dangerous..."

"Aren't you the one who keeps telling everyone it's their first duty to help Harry?" said Ron. "In that magazine of yours?"

Xenophilius tried to defend himself but none of them were going to have any of it.

"Where's Luna?" asked Hermione. "Let's see what she thinks."

Xenophilius gulped. "Luna is down at the stream, fishing for Freshwater Plimpies. She...she will like to see you. I'll go and call her and then-yes, very well. I shall try to help you."

After he disappeared and reappeared again, Harry decided to get straight to the point as he wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

"We want to talk to you about that symbol you wore to Bill and Fleur's wedding." he said plainly.