Chapter 15 (Lucifer)

Almost the moment the last student left, you heard a notification from your D.D.D. and turned it on.

I believe your class is done?

Yes, we can go to the place you
wanted to go to now

Right. Please meet me Ristorante Six.

You raised a brow. That place is super expensive and fancy. "Is there a birthday I forgot or something?" You shook your head. "No, I have them all marked down on my calendar."

You went to your room and opened your closet. "Ugh... I can't wear casual clothes, can I?" After some searching, you found the dress you wore to the party in Diavolo's castle. You shuddered.

"N-no, not this one." You put your hands on your shoulders... the ones Lucifer squeezed tightly. If Solomon hadn't come...

"Y/N." Your eyes widened a little and you turned around to see Solomon in the doorway. "Oh... hey." He glanced at the dress you still held in your hands.

"Ah... that brings back memories." You looked down as Solomon walked up to you. "Y/N, dont be nervous. He isn't like that... not anymore, at least."

He looked into your closet. "It's not like you'll wear any of these to a restaurant like that." You tilted your head suspiciously. "How did you know that?"

"Calm down! Lucifer told me to check on you."

"Alright..."

He walked out as you stared upon the dress. "There has to be something else." You rummaged through your closet and found a slightly less fancy dress, but it would suffice.

" You rummaged through your closet and found a slightly less fancy dress, but it would suffice

"Ah, Y/N." Lucifer greeted. "You've arrived." You nodded. "Yep! Do you have a reservation?" He nodded and held out his arm for you to hold.

"Uh... Lucifer? Why is there barely anyone here?"

"Not sure. Perhaps it is because it is a weekday?" You hummed and followed the waiter to the table.

"What do you wanna order?" You asked, looking at the menu. "Mm... everything's so expensive." Lucifer shook his head. "Don't worry."

You smiled. "Alright, rich boy." Once the two of you ordered, you felt a weird energy coming from the back table. When you looked over, all of them had a menu in front of their face.

"Lucifer, do you know the people sitting at that table?" He looked over and sighed. "No. No I do not." You reached your hand over the table and put it over his.

The food came and you pulled your hand back to eat. Although... it was rather hard with Lucifer constantly staring at you.

"Do you... need something?" He shook his head. "No." You nodded and continued eating, the feeling of being stared at lingering in your gut.

"Can I have your food?"

"Okay."

He slid his untouched plate to you and you stared at it. "Lucifer? Are you okay?" He nodded. "Why wouldn't I be?" You sighed and slumped in your chair. "You haven't eaten, and instead you've been staring at me."

"Maybe I wanna eat you."

You blinked and sat up straight. "No." You slid his food back in front of him and looked at the dessert menu. "Ooh! There's ice-cream!" "Let's get fortune cookies."

You looked up. "You told me those were dumb." "That was in the past." Squinting your eyes, you asked the waiter for eight fortune cookies, four for each of you.

"You can have them all."

"Huh?!" You looked at the red eyed male, who had his nose stuck in the menu. "Lucifer, you know that you can eat something too, right?"

He nodded. "Of course I do. I just wish for you to eat it instead." You eyed him suspiciously. "You're not trying to poison me, are you?"

"NO!"

"Are you sure?"

"Do you really not trust me?"

You sighed and opened one of the fortune cookie, making the paper drop in your lap.

You'll find your true love soon

"Hm?" You looked up at Lucifer, who was still hiding his face behind the menu. Opening another fortune cookie, you pulled out the small piece of paper with the fortune once more.

Great fortune awaits you

Okay, that one's pretty normal. You opened another one.

You're about to find your soulmate

"These are just getting cheesy now." You muttered. You opened one more so you can save the other four for Lucifer. You pulled out the piece of paper and your eyes widened.

Will you marry me?

"W-what...?" You looked up at Lucifer, who had finally lowered the menu from his face. "Did you see it?"

You slowly nodded as he got out of his seat and knelt down.

"Y/N, our relationship has had many ups and downs... and I believe most of that is my fault. But like I said the first time you went back to the human world... I love you. And I do not want that to change."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring box.

"So Y/N,"

He opened it to reveal a sparkling ring.

"...Will you marry me?"

Your lips parted as you put your hands over your mouth.

"Y... Yes. YES!"

You jumped into his arms, making the two of you fall to the floor. "Ugh- Y/N!" You laughed and rested your head on his chest.

"Those ups and downs will turn into only ups, alright?"

"...Alright."