Chapter 8

That night, you lied down on your bed, wide awake. "Why was she so irritated...?" You asked yourself. You turned to your left, where Mammon would usually be lying. You missed his arms being around you, and sometimes hearing him hum in his sleep. You never really knew what he was humming, but it calmed you down.

You got up and went out of your room. You didn't feel like being alone that night. You went to Belphie's room and knocked on the door. Surprisingly, it took mere seconds for Belphie to open up. "Oh.... Y/N. You couldn't sleep?" You shook your head and looked at the ground. "I... usually have Mammon next to me."

Belphie nodded and pulled out his D.D.D. "We're going to the Purgatory Hall.." He yawned. You followed him, your arms wrapped around you as you looked around the hallway. When you arrived at the Purgatory Hall, you noticed that Solomon, Luke, and Simeon were already waiting there. "Ah, Y/N." Simeon said once he noticed you.

"We were told that you were having trouble sleeping!" Luke remarked. You nodded and you were taken by the hand. "Come on, you won't be able to sleep if all you're thinking about is the brothers." The small angel brought you to his bedroom, which smelled of sugar and sweets. You sat down on his bed as Simeon and Solomon entered. "Belphie had to go to sleep... he was close to falling asleep."

You nodded and opened your D.D.D. You texted Belphie, telling him to message you when he gets back to bedroom. He sent back a "yes" emoji and you put down your D.D.D. "Y/N... you've been on edge ever since Satan was-" "Ugggghhhh!" You buried your face into Luke's pillow. "What... am I supposed to do?"

"What do you mean?" Simeon asked, sitting down next to you. You brought your head up and faced the wall. "It's just... Lily... she has to be powerful if she could take all of them.... including Lucifer. W-what am I supposed to do? I'm just... a human." Solomon sat down next to you. "No you're not."

You turned to face him. Him and Simeon looked at each other, then back at you. "Don't go comparing yourself to someone like Lily. She's missing a lot of things that you don't have." You sat up. "Like?"

Simeon looked around the room. "Us. She clearly doesn't have any more than bats and cats, I bet. Not only that, but she's missing the wits that you always show. I'm preeettty sure you'd be dead by now if you weren't the person you are, so don't go comparing yourself to Lily." You smiled and looked down.

"Thanks." You looked on the floor and saw your D.D.D. You quickly grabbed it and saw that Belphie had texted you back, making you give a huge sigh of relief. "Now, all he has to do is show up tomorrow for breakfast, and we're all set." Luke tilted his head. "For what?" You smirked and got up.

"I'm getting my friends back."

Short chapter... again. I don't understand why, but I'm having major writing block right now, but only this story. I also have another story that I have to take outta hiatus, so that'll be fun too, won't it? Anyways, have a nice day/night/evening/whatever time of day it is.