Chapter 12

"Come on, stay with me." Mammon ran through the halls of RAD. He got many stares from other students, before they realized who he was cradling in his arms.

"Is that Y/N?"

"Holy moly, is that blood?!"

"Wait, the brothers are back."

"I thought there was a sickness spreading around the House of Lamentation?"

Levi burst through the door. "SHUT IT, NORMIES!" Him and the other brothers ran after Mammon. "Sorry, I couldn't keep the portal open long enough." Solomon said as they opened the med bay door.

"Don't worry about it, as long as Mammon got through." Simeon took a blanket from the closet and put it over you. "It doesn't seem like it hit any vital organs." Satan observed. He was examining where your wound was.

"Where are the bandages?!" Luke searched through the drawers of the med bay. Mammon shook his head. "Demons never really needed bandages, so I have no idea." You made a pained noise, and Mammon gripped your hand. "Sh... it's okay, you're gonna... you're gonna be okay."

You kept going in and out of consciousness, making Mammon get paranoid. Your grip on his hand kept loosening, and he was worried that it wouldn't tighten again. "Bandages!" Luke held up a roll of bandages.

Levi grabbed it and went over to you. "D-do you know... how to do that?" Lucifer asked, pure concern evident on his face. Levi nodded. "I've seen it on Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer."

"A fricken anime?"

"They can be educational!"

"And they don't have real human anatomy!"

Satan lifted a finger and walked up to you. He took the bandages and gently wrapped them around you. "Mmmh..." You squeezed Mammon's hand as Satan tried to wrap the bandages around you as gently as he could.

"Satan!"

Mammon shook your hand. "Y/N?" You fell into Satan's chest. "B-but.. I can feel her heartbeat. She's breathing." Lucifer walked up next to Satan and put his fingers on your wrist and neck. "I can feel her pulse, she's fine."

Mammon intertwined your fingers together. "Okay..."

.

.

.

It's been weeks, and you didn't seem to be waking up. Lucifer had bought a heart rate machine, and your heartbeat was still steady, to the brother's relief. All their wounds had already healed, and all they needed was for you to wake up.

Simeon always assured that you were fine, but it didn't stop the brothers from constantly visiting.

"Y/N.. your favourite anime finally got a new season.."

"Remember that pillow you tried with me?"

"I miss your cooking... but you most of all."

"Your soft hands on my back was always comforting."

"The next book in your favourite series was released.."

"When you wake up, the first place you will go is the House of Lamentation. I miss holding your hand."

Mammon never seemed to leave. Every time someone visited, Mammon was there. He almost never attended class, and his room was normally empty. "Mammon," He looked up and met eyes with Solomon. "Waiting here isn't going to make her wake up."

Mammon nodded and looked back at you. "I just.. want to be here when she does." Solomon nodded and sat next to him. "That's understandable... but the reason why is more important, isn't it?"

Mammon's eyes widened a bit, but then he looked back at you. "Yeah... it's all my fault. I should've noticed that they... and..." Solomon leaned on the back of his chair. "Yep, it's all your fault." Mammon looked at Solomon with a shocked expression.

"What? All I'm doing is agreeing with you. Isn't that what you always want people to do?" Mammon put his hand over yours, but said nothing more. Solomon scoffed and threw a crumpled piece of paper at Mammon.

"What is with you? If she was mad at you, would she really go and save you? She was more worried than mad, and you need to understand that." Mammon looked over at you then shook his head. "I knew she wasn't mad at me... I'm..."

"More mad at yourself?"

Solomon and Mammon looked at the door and saw Simeon leaning in the doorway. "From what I could tell, you didn't quite know you were replacing her." Mammon sighed and moved his hand. Simeon walked towards him and knelt down in front of him.

"I understand that.. human emotions are still somewhat foreign. And the fact that Y/N is a girl doesn't make understanding her easier. But what I do understand is that she never held a grudge against any of you. As a matter of fact, she was worried about you, and didn't want you hanging out with Lily."

Mammon shook his head. "That's not the problem! I totally understand if she was mad at me, or any of us for that matter. My problem is that she won't forgive me. And she'll... replace me. I know it's selfish, but what if she looks at some other demon? I'm already annoying, cocky, and greedy so I-"

"Mammon," Someone placed their hand over his. His eyes watered and he turned around to face you. "This is really unlike you... what happened to the Mammon I knew?"