Chapter 4

It's been two weeks and you haven't seen Mammon at all. You wanted to tell the other brothers about Lily, but you were afraid they wouldn't trust you. You've been hanging out with Levi a lot lately, and both you and him have been trying to contact Mammon. "No answer." You sighed. Levi put his arms around you. "I-I'm sure he's fine." He stuttered. Despite the fact that you knew he was lying, you leaned your head on his shoulder. He's on of the most powerful demons I know, he should be fine. You heard a knock on Levi's door. "Y/N! It's me!" Simeon was at the door. "Oh yeah, we were supposed to hang out at the Purgatory Hall." You walked over to the door and opened it. "Hey Simeon!" You waved to Levi and walked away with Simeon.

Levi sighed and sat down next to the desk Henry was on. "Mammon's an idiot, but I don't think he'd go missing for that long. Especially without posting on Devilgram." Levi stared at his phone, then at the TV. "I guess I could play Mononoke Land for a bit." He played for a few hours (a bit he says) until he hears a knock at the door. "Oh, Y/N's back." He said, shutting off the game. He stands up and walks towards the door.

"Hey Y-" It was not you at the door, and he learned that a second too late. He fell to the floor with a loud thump. "Did you hear that?" You asked while you were in the kitchen with Simeon and Luke. "I didn't hear anything." Luke said, stopping the stand mixer. "It came from..." You dropped the cookbook you were holding and ran to Levi's room, the rest of the following. "Levi! Levi are you there?" You frantically knocked at the door. Please just be sleeping, please just be sleeping.

You tried twisting the doorknob, but the door was locked. Then you remembered a trick Mamon taught you. "You've gotta take you credit card and swipe it down the side of the door. It doesn't work with doors that have a key, but for doors like washroom doors and our dorms, it should work." You pulled out your credit card and swiped it down the side of Levi's door. You twisted the doorknob again and the door opened. "Levi?" You looked around. Henry looked as if he was having a seizure (YES THE FISH WAS WORRIED, DEAL WITH IT).

"Where'd he go? Isn't he a shut-in?" Luke asked, looking around the room. Simeon walked up to Levi's couch. It looked like he had been lying in it because all the pillows were on one side. You walked up next to him and felt the pillows. "They're warm. Someone was lying here." Luke was in front of the TV. "Mononoke Land?" He read on one of the disc cases lying on the table. You walk over and open it. The disc wasn't inside. You felt the TV and the disc holder. They were warm. "He was here less than ten minutes ago, that's for sure." You said. You saw the mangas on the table next to Henry. You read the titles. "He said he wanted to read these yesterday." You traced your hand over the creases in the cover and the fold in the corner to mark a page. "But he would never treat a manga like this."

You looked on the carpet and saw the indents of the table. The table had been shifted. You stood back and faced the side of the couch and TV. Nothing was aligned. The couch was moved back, the table was slanted, and chairs were moved back as if they were all pushed at the same time. You held you arms out, as if you were measuring the space between the TV, couch, chairs, and table. "What's wrong?" Luke asked. You closed your eyes and imagined the portal you saw Lily make a few weeks ago. You tried to guess how big it was and adjusted the position of your hands so it matched the size you were guessing.

You opened your eyes and saw that you hands aligned with everything that looked like they were pushed aside. "He didn't just leave, I know that for sure." You mumbled. You saw the game controller on the table and felt the TV and disc holder one more time. He always puts away his controller unless he's planning to go back to the game in less than an hour... You turned to the TV and disc case for Mononoke Land. He probably was playing video games when I left. You moved the couch back in place and lied down in it. Luke tilted his head in confusion. "What are you doing?" You quickly stood up and the couch moved back, like a chair would. "He was probably excited for... something."