27❤️‍🔥

That night I couldn't wait to tell Trace what had happened with Shawn but then he dropped the news that his mom wasn't doing well and that he wasn't coming home yet

My heart was breaking but I tried to put a brave strong front on so he wouldn't feel pushed and pulled in different directions.

I cried myself to sleep that night and I asked mom if she could rearrange my schedule the next day I just didn't feel like going in and tattooing. I wanted to wallow in my pity.

I received a text earlier from Sunny asking what apartment number I was in. After I responded I took a shower and threw on some clean clothes and pulled my hair up into a ponytail.

My buzzer beeped and I looked out and saw Sunny. She was holding up bags.

I opened the door and smiled at her. "Come on in!"

"Hi, Morgan! I just wanted to stop by and thank you for everything. I brought food and dessert." She smiled.

"Well, you seem very happy today what happened with Shawn?" I asked.

"I broke up with him and told him where to shove his ring and well he also got fired and not allowed back on these premises." She smiled.

"Oh wow! Well, I'm glad it worked out for you. How are you and the baby?"

"We both are good and very hungry!" She laughed.

"Let me grab some drinks. Water ok?" I asked.

"Sure! That works for me."

We sit down and talked and ate and I really like Sunny. I don't gravitate to many people but she's nice.

"So what's up with you? You look sad." She asked.

I sigh and look over at her... My boyfriend has been gone a month back to Texas. His mom has cancer again and I just miss him."

"I'm sorry to hear that." She frowned.

"Yeah it's my first real relationship and I have always been so against it because of how I'm feeling now."

"I don't blame you! My luck is always with crappy guys and well I don't know how to pick them." She laughed.

"I'm usually the no strings attached and just fuck one and done but Trace he has done something to me." I smiled.

"Sometimes that's easier. I've wasted the last five years with Shawn but it's like I turned a blind eye because I kinda knew what he was doing but I deserve better and so does my baby." She said.

"When is your little girl due?" I ask.

"In about two months and I'm excited. I picked out her name and Shawn thought it was stupid but I'm going to do it anyway.." She said.

"What's the name? Or is it a secret?" I ask.

"No secret. I'm going to name her Summer." She smiled.

"He didn't like it because why? I think it's lovely." I smiled.

"He said Sunny and Summer were stupid together." She said.

"He's stupid." I laugh just as her phone rings.

"Ughh it's Shawn." She said.

"May I?" I reach for the phone.

📱Hello?

📱Sunny?

📱No Shawn it's Morgan what do you want?

📱Why do you have Sunny's phone?

📱We are having lunch together now why are you calling her?

📱You can't do that!

📱Says who? Are you going to stop me, Shawn?

📱Just let me speak to Sunny.

📱No can do Shawn. She doesn't want to talk to you and she's blocking your number. K bye!

I handed Sunny back her phone. "He was surprised to hear from me."

"Oh, I bet he was." She giggled.

"I have a feeling he's not going to leave you alone."

"You are probably right. I'm packing up today and heading to my dad's. He said I could stay with him for now." She said.

"That's very nice of him. I'm glad you won't be around Shawn though. Do you need help packing?"

"No my dad is meeting me over there. I better get going." She said.

"Thanks for coming over and bringing food. Come back anytime!" I said to her as she left.

She's such a sweet person. How in the hell did she get mixed up with him.

I decided to go for a ride on my bike. I changed my clothes and headed downstairs.

I got on my bike and headed to a local flower shop and grabbed some daisies and headed to the graveyard.

I haven't been here in a while. I pulled up and walked a little way up a hill until I saw my own name staring back at me.

I put the fresh daisies in his vase and sit down by his name. "Uncle Morgan I wish I could have met you. I'm sure I'm not making you proud with all the terrible choices I've made but I'm trying. I have fallen in love with Trace and I don't know what to do about it." I said out loud.

"I wish you were here. I bet you would be cool like my dad." I smile looking over at his name. I wipe the grass and dirt off of it when someone walks up.

"Hey kiddo what are you doing here?" Dad asked.

"Hey, dad! I just wanted to bring Uncle Morgan some flowers and just talk to him. I have a lot on my mind."

"Let's talk about it." He said sitting down on the other side of the headstone.

"Dad I don't want to burden you with my issues."

"Sweetheart that's what I'm here for now what's wrong besides Trace being gone?"

"He told me his mom isn't doing well and he's not sure when he will be back. How long is too long to wait? What if he never comes back." I said.

"I'm sorry his mom is sick but if it was one of us wouldn't you drop everything to help us?" He asked.

"Yes, I would in a heartbeat," I said.

"That's how he feels. He will be back I'm sure of it." He said as he leaned over and grabbed my hand.