THIRTY - THREE

Ethan...

"My name is Adaline. You must be the Seven Deadly Sins."

That name.

We haven't heard that name in a while.

I havent heard that name in years. Aaron would have threatened anyone who called us that, but were lucky he's not here right now.

"So, you knew?" David asked, his chest slowing into a cynced pumps.

"I'm the ex wife of a mafia Don. I picked up a few things."

Her voice was calm and swift, yet still held a scratched sound to it. She reminded me of Bedelia in Hannibal.

"So, will you come with us willingly or, do we have to put cuffs on you?" Jacob asked, getting impatient.

"I didn't come all the way to New York to be handcuffed. Let's go, shall we?"

She started walking back the way she came and we followed. Down the street, we neared a black van holding Aurora and Aaron.

Shocked was an understatement.

Victoria...

I looked at Logan and Liam again for who knows what time. We've been in this room for hours while the others have gone on a mission?

I didn't know missions were still a thing. Or, the term.

"Are they coming back soon?" I asked.

"Who knows. They could be gone longer." Liam said, closing his eyes.

He was on a green type of seat that looked more comfortable than the chair Logan was on. I rested my head on the glass table.

"How old are you guys?" I asked all of a sudden.

Hey! If I'm going to be living with them, I might as well get to know them. So far, the only thing I know is that they save girls on the streets and that they're involved with the government.

"Were 18." Logan answered. "How about you?"

"Turned thirteen two months ago."

"That's coooool." Logan said, stretching out the o's.

"Do you guys have a job?" I asked, and they stiffened.

"We... we still go to school."

"Oh. Do you guys know what job you want?" I asked, getting hopeful in making conversation. Both didn't ease their muscles, and I was getting worried. "I would like to work with dogs. I love dogs. Or, maybe in psychology! I think it's super cool how psychologist can read people so-"

"Woah woah woah, slow down there kid." Logan chuckled, and I felt my cheeks redden.

"There is no way in hell you're gonna get a job as a psychologist." Liam smiled.

"Why not?"

"Becuase if you do, then we won't have any privacy, now would we? You'd be able to tell everything."

"... but I don't think I'm going to be living with you for that long."

I hated myself, in that moment, for saying those words. I had to keep reminding myself of the reminder I am. Of the type of person I am. It wasn't fair to them that I was here.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, "I wasn't thinking."

No one said a word. No one moved, as if afraid to make a sound. I knew that silence was what they wanted but it was becoming so loud that I didn't know how much longer I could hold it. Silence is never a good thing.