TWENTY - SEVEN

Victoria...

"AAAHHHH"

Aaron shot up from his seat, looking at Charles with an unreadable expression.

All of them, including Jacob bolted out the room going god knows where!

I followed shortly after.

I had to say, keeping up with them was hard. They were taller, had longer legs, and were buff! Keeping up with them was exhausting!

We made it down a hurdle of stairs, every step we made had it's own CLINK and KLACK.

A big metal door was burst open to reveal a bunch of men un uniform, and one guy lying on te floor. It was Liam.

An then I looked over to his legs.

One of his legs was bent the other way. It looked so uncomfortable, unnatural, so... so...

I had to keep a hand on my mouth before I made a sound louder than a shriek. I looked back to Laim, my eyebrows furrowed in concern and my eyes talking for me.

"Victoria." He groaned.

Just the sound of his voice made me realize how much pain he must have been in.

"Oh- oh- j-j-jeez-z." I stuttered, pointing at his broken leg.

"Victoria, come on let's go." Charles said.

He put his hand on my shoulder and stood in front of me, blocking the scene. He nudged me to get moving, but I wasn't going to budge.

"N-no. I need to heh-help him." I said, trying my best to sound more assertive.

I had no fear in my mind though. No thoughts about what my punishment would be, no thoughts on how my mistakes would reflect on me.

Charles was a Federal Agent. He obeyed the law.

With a hard shove from me, I shuffled pass Charles and back to Liam, next to Aaron and Jacob.

"What happened?" Aaron asked, his voice cold and nothing more.

"I was doing my test. I guess..." his eyes traveled up to mine, and I was almost certain that he was about to cry.

Yes, I was sure of it. I had seen those eyes before myself.

I knew it when I saw it.

"I'm guessing you have a place where we can patch him up?" Aaron assumed, looking over his shoulder to Charles.

"No, not here. But you can take him to a lounge and we'll get someone to help."

Aaron glared at him then turned back to Liam.

"C'mon bud, let's patch you up." Aaron smiled.

Jacob and Aaron lifted Liam off the ground, each one carrying him over his shoulders.

I followed swiftly behind them. Walking passed multiple hallways, strange things on the walls that I didn't want to touch. They looked scarily dangerous.

I didn't even hear the padding of steps behind me until someone reached for my shoulder, gaining a light gasp.

"Victoria, I need you to come with me. We still have to talk about you and what you've done." He said sternly.

"But I cant." I paused, taking a minute to breath before I continued, "Liam - i think i should be there. I want to be there, for him."

"I'm sure you do, but you just snuck into the back of my car and sneaked you way in here. I need to know everything."