FIFTEEN

Ethan...

I stopped Victoria from saying anything else. I didn't want to hear her say that. I gave her a choice, and to my absolute shock and relief, she trusted me. I left the room, and my entire demeanor changed the moment I stepped outside.

My blood was boiling at the thought of someone doing such a thing to an innocent girl.
It might have been my view on her, but now I just want to keep her safe. And I think keeping her safe would mean keeping her with us.

My brothers have already left for another meeting with the director, and I had to stay behind to calm her down. Not that I mind, now I have some idea of what we can help her with.

"Aaron?" I asked over the phone, "when you get back, I need to have a serious conversation with you and Charles, okay?"

"Okay, but, what's up? You sound nervous, are you okay?"

"Heh, I'm fine. Just meet me in our room when you're done."

With that, I hung up.

Aaron...

Ethan called me, and to say he sounded nervous was an understatement. I could hear anger linger in his voice. But what caused it? What could have caused Ethan, to sound like he was about to murder someone.

The meeting was just an update. We were going to be moved to a new place, a house that was paid by Charles until this thing blows over. And it shouldn't be more than a couple months, a year at most.

After we were done, we were drove back to the hotel, and I rushed over to our room.

"Ethan?" I was shocked when I opened the door to find him crying. Not bawling his eyes out, more like silent crying.

"Hey, hey, Ethan what's wrong?" I rushed over to him. And that's when I smelled it.

The smell of alchohol.

Ethan doesn't drink, he doesn't like to do it too often. Because he's the doctor of the family, he knows what it can do. He looked really stressed, and sad. What happened?!

"Hey, hermano, talk to me." I said, my voice sounding strict.
(Brother)

"We need to help her." He mumbled.

Who? Victoria?

"Are you talking about Victoria?" I asked.

He didn't say anything, but just nodded. God how I hated seeing my brother like this.

"Hey, sober up. You need to tell me what's wrong. If it involves her, I need to know."

He nodded and I got a plastic cup of water, as that was the only thing available.

"Victoria, she needs help." He said after drinking all the water.

"Were trying to help her, but her leg will take a while to get better-"

"No!" Ethan shouted, throwing the plastic cup on the floor. It didn't make much of an effect.

"No- we need to help her!" He said, running his hands through his hair. He gotten so worked up he was pacing across the room.

"Calm down, Ethan. Explain like a normal person."

"Tori- she-she-" he stopped and took a moment. My eyes widened as he spoke.

Ethan used to have a stutter, but over time, he fixed it. I haven't heard him stutter in a very very long time. Sometimes it slipped out, when he was stressed or angry, sometimes sad.

"Remember when we took her off the street?" He asked, I nodded my head and motioned him to go on, "well, Dan, as she called him, hurt her. And more."

Hurt.

That one word. That one word I never liked to hear.

There have been many times when me and my brother have gotten hurt. Be it on a job, as kids, or even emotionally. Broken hearts or arguments.

But, a child.

Victoria is just a kid. She doesn't deserve anything that can hurt her.

I keep putting her in comparison with Elizabeth. And I know it's not fair, because their not the same. She's gone, and now she's here.

I need to get my shit together, and focus on Victoria. Her life seems like it was worse that Elizabeth's . And that's saying something.

I'm not new to bad situations or people, I deal with them all the time.

Victoria, however, shouldn't.

"Alright. So, were going to help her." I said.

"Umm, dont be mad." Ethan said and I raised an eyebrow, "but I sort if said that she could come with us next time we go out."

He smiled sheepishly.

Sometimes I wonder why he had to be so empathetic.

Please vote

Walk in a feild, feel the sun on your skin, and let the memories sink in.

(A/N IM SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER!!! I had other stuff going on, but I didn't want to leave it just like that for a while. Just expect some shorter chapters for a while, okay?)