SIXTEEN

Victoria...

Ethan told me that we would be moving to somewhere else. An actual house.

The next day we moved into a nice, pretty big house further north. By this point, I had just accepted the fact that I wasn't going back to L.A. soon.

"I can take that!" I tried grabbing my one bag from Aaron, but he put it out of my reach.

I didn't know what to do. Everyone was kinda busy, moving around and finding their rooms. Everyone except Charles.

"So, I dont want to push my luck, but can you explain everything?" I asked, giving him a smile.

I was terrified. What if I'm not supposed to ask. Will he get annoyed if I did? Am I being too nosy?!

"Well, the Cruz brothers are going to be staying with me for a while, until they finish their job." He answered.

Oh. Well, at least he isn't mad...

"And, what about me?"

"Well get something sorted. It's just going to take some time." He gave me a sad smile before leaving to scold the others for something.

I was seriously starting to think I had Stockholm syndrome or something.

I didn't want to be weird, but even with these bug buff tough looking guys, I've felt safer than I ever had.

They dont bother me, they help me when I need it. The only thing I'm questioning is how long will this last?

"Hey, you have you're own room. Come and see it." Charles called me over.

The house was big, but not too big to be called a mansion. There were five room, which some of the boys shared. All I knew was that I got my own room, and that was that.
With Dan, I got my own room. But I might as well haven't had one, because he seemed to be in there all the time.

I could feel him at night, standing outside the door, peeking. And when I slept, I could feel him in the corner, just standing there.
I had the fear that he would do something he shouldn't, and no one would be able to hear because they are asleep.

I shivered at the memories.

"Are you cold?" Charles asked me, leaning on the door frame.

"Oh, no. Thanks for showing me to the room."

He gave me a nod and walked away.

Well, time to let another change sink in!

Charles...

I showed Tori to her room and left her to get settled. I was planning to tell her that I was going to do something about her situation, but I hadn't figured it all out myself.

I went into my kitchen and took an apple from the fruit bowl.

The whole time I was there, I was just deep in thought.

Tori is probably clueless about everything, and as much as I want her to know so she can get the hell away from us, i dont have the guts to tell her.

"Hey Tori! Me and these idiots are about to go try and stop a mafia Don, we may or may not die and leave you to fend for yourself! Or ya know, you might die too! Good luck with this new and sudden information!"

It would be a damn miracle if she could trust me more. I plan to get Tori adopted by someon, someone I know will treat her right and let her have a normal childhood.

Yeah, I noticed some large and bad bruised on her arms.

My first thought was that Aaron or one of his brothers did that to her.

But when she tried to stop me from getting shot, even though she probably knew she had no chance, I knew it wasnt them.

If Tori had been hurt by them, she would be scared of them, wouldn't dare do anything to upset them. But she did.

And they didn't do anything.

It was more like she influenced their actions.

"Hey..."

It could be because of her looks?

"Hey."

Or maybe because she's a just a kid?

"Hey!"

I'm starting to re think about using her as leverage. If they really do care about her more than I thought, it wont be good if they try something.

"HEY!"

Logan snapped me out of my thoughts with an ear piercing yell.

"Jeezus, you dont have to yell!" I yelled.

"I was trying to call you for like 2 minutes. Aaron wants to see you."

I internally groaned at his name. I'm usually the one who summons people, not the other way around. And by a criminal no less.

"Tell him to come to my office. Its down the hall past the living room." I showed logan who just left.

I need to find a way to keep Tori safe.

Even if that means taking her away from the people who can protect her.

Because at the same time, they are also the ones that can put her in harm's way.

Please Vote

Next chapter will be open for any suggestions!

I will also have a small message before that!

Prepare yourself!