TWENTY

Ethan...

I was more than surprised to see Aaron agree to that so quickly. Yet, something didn't set with me.

He had this look, that made me want to slap him because he looked so out of it.

Charles left to make some phone calls, and right after that, Aaron turned to me.

"Victoria isn't going to have enough clothes. Take her shopping today, I'll help Charles with the director." Aaron said, more like ordered.

"What about the test? I mean, were already late."

"They dont care about us, hermano" Aaron smiled at me, "if we play right, they'll drop us and we'll be free. No tests, no war. No Victor."
(Brother)

"I think your forgetting something." I snapped. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and expectancy, "They have leverage. Victoria. You just gave them the green card on that."

He glared at me, and I knew he knew that I was right.

"Go, take her shopping. Let her have a good day before her life changes again." Aaron dismissed.

I stood up to go get her, when I turned around and looked down at Aaron.

"You're the one who should play your cards right, hermano." I declared, "because they have you right where they want you."
(Brother)

I left without another word.

Aaron was my brother, and although he is older, we always thought of eachother as twins. I knew when something was up and he knew about me.

So I can say with 100% sureness, that Aaron is letting his emotions get the better of him.

Before all of this happened, stuff used to be different. Things used to be strict, ordered.

Life was

A constant war, as it should have been.

"A job? Seriously?" I asked Aaron, putting down the paper.

"Hey, good money. Simple, and we could use the exercises." He simply added.

"Do you really want to do this?" I asked him, staring I to him. I wanted him to look into my eyes and see what I meant. That I was serious.

"What?"

"Do you really want to keep doing this? Dont you want to let Liam and Logan keep going in school? Stop pulling them away for things like this." I put my finger down on the paper.

Aaron shot me a glare.

"Of course I do!" He growled, "but until then, I am doing this. We are doing this. It's a job, nothing more."

There it was, our famous family motto.

Everything we ever did, anything ever went wrong, that was our go to.

'It is a job, nothing more.'

Someone got shot, 'nothing more than a job'

Someone died while on duty, 'it was a job, nothing more.'

We were forced to keep out feelings, forced to live like non human things. We couldn't let the screams of people's pleading and begging keep us from doing our job.

I hated that we had to live like that. Could I even call it living anymore?

"Alright." I sighed,"I'll go tell the others then."