THIRTY ONE × BROKEN BONES

BROKEN BONES

A few years ago

Third person...

A loud BOOM echoed through the room, making Aaron lift his gaze. He was met with Liam's hopefull and worried face.

"Anything new?"

"I got their name. I thought maybe you'd want to figure out their information." Liam said, placing his laptop top in front of Aaron.

"Great, thanks Liam. Go get David and Noah for me."

Liam sighed and nodded, retreating out of the room to fetch his brothers.

===

Another loud BANG was heard, and Aaron made a note to himself to get thin doors.

"Yeah, what?" David asked, getting straight to the point.

"You two got another job. Lucky you." Aaron smiled pathetically, keeping his eyes on the screen.

Tired of waiting for the big reveal, David and Noah shuffled over to Aaron and stared at the screen.

"Really? He looks like a pig, why do we need to go in?" David snorted at the sight of the man.

Bald, well, mostly, and an uneven shave. Gross, the title of "pig" was an understatement.

"Wanna listen before you open you're mouth?" Noah scolded, pushing David's jaw up.

"Thank you, Noah. Anyways, put the looks aside, this man is a target. Our client paid good money, full cash beforehand too." Aaron paused and looked at them over his shoulder, "dont fuck this up."

"Yes-sir-ee-boss!" David saluted.

"I'll send you information. Remember, don't-"

"Dont get too close, just tail him from a distance, we KNOW!" Both of them answered.

Aaron let out a light chuckle as they marched out.

He got to his own work, sending out the information to both Noah and David so they started early.

===

"Ever think Aaron thinks of us as children?"

"Me, no. But you, all the time."

David glared at Noah, puffing out smoke from his cigarette. He and Jacob both seemed to share that character trait.

"Do you ever plan on quiting?" Noah asked, leaning back on his motorcycle. "Elizabeth would freak if she caught you."

"But she hasn't. And never will."

But he reluctantly put it out.

"Hey, there's our guy." David whispered.

The man with the bad haircut walked out of his shabby little house. Looked more like a dumpster home, but , whatever. The Cruz's didn't have time nor the patience to pick at it.

They waited until the man was out of sight and had drove off onto the horizon, and then they moved.

Quickly and carefully, into the house they went to look for anything useful. Aaron forgot to tell them that their client wanted something from the guy.