ELEVEN

It's been about five hours since we took off from Los Angeles. We were suppost to land in New York in about an hour, so now the pit in my stomach is bigger.

I honestly dont know why I'm nervous, I think I've been through worse.

Maybe it's just that I'm doing something new. Or against my will. If I had it my way, I would have liked to be with a nice lady taking me to a nice family.

I still had the idea that they would let me go in the back of my head.

Most of the guys were knocked out. But I was fascinated that they snored very lightly. Almost couldn't be heard.

The only people up were Aaron Charles and I.

I dont think I could have slept not knowing who I was with.

I could see Aaron staring daggers at Charles when he wasn't looking, and him doing the same.
They acted like I wasn't there, and I was thankful for it.

Charles suddenly cut me out of my thoughts with a "hey, how are you doing?"

"U- oh. I was just thinking." I said in voice that made me feel very vulnerable. I didn't like that.

"What about?" He asked with a genuine smile.

"Well, I dont know." I answered, kinda truthfully. I was thinking about everything. "Maybe about getting to a family."

I whispered, but knew he heard me when his expression turned.

"I am going to go, right?" I asked. If he was a lawman, he could help me.

He shot a glare at Aaron, who was busy doing something to notice. "I'll try my best."

I let out a small sigh, now knowing someone could help.
But, come on! I'm thirteen! I shouldn't have to be thinking about this.

I shouldn't have to worry. About anything.

Charles...

I kept my eyes on Aaron, but my mind on Tori. I hated that Aaron brought her into their mess, but what could I do? I was given orders to get them on our side, and whatever they say goes.

Well, anything rational.

And I guess bringing Victoria along would be acceptable, since she had no other place to go, but still. I was told by Aaron that they found her on the street, and cut and bruised up, with a fucking bullet in her leg.

And I believed them after seeing her for myself.

I was getting sick of this silence, and decided not to wait until last minute to have an argument with Mr. Cruz.

"Hey Ron ron!" I whispered, getting up from my seat and sitting next to him.

"Dont call me that." He growled. Man he was pretty scary.

"Lighten up. I need to discuss something with you. And by discuss, I mean telling you what is going to happen." I stated at him right in the eye, telling him I'm serious.

"Alright what?"

"I know you want to keep Tori safe and all, so I'm gonna tell you this now. Victoria is going to be safe, in witness protection. That also means, far away from you and our problems."

"You expect me to just let her go with you? She doesn't know anything."

"She doesnt have to."

You can accuse me of being a hypocrite, because a few hours ago, I was saying 'she deserves to know'. But i am doing this for her safety. And believe it or not, I'm doing t for the Cruz brothers as well.

She might not be Elizabeth, but they have a soft spot for her. Even if they dont know it yet. *looks at David and Jacob*

"I mean come on man." I said, by eyes begging for him to let me do this. "I know you are already protective of her, and you wont let her out of your sight, but you have to let me do this. She will be safer."

I whispered, to which he gave me a smug look. Why is he doing that?

"I thought we were suppost to get permission, not you." He said with a light chuckle.

I felt my head get hot with anger and embarrassment.

"Yeah, well, I'm just doing my job. Since I dont get the luxury of having to take orders from you every day." I said. Note the sarcasm.

"So you're my bitch?"

"I prefer the word sucker."

He and I both laughed at that. It had been a while since I had laughed on a job. Or at all.
I looked over at Victoria for a second, and noticed she fell asleep. She looked so peaceful.

I wanted to keep it that way.

I looked back to Aaron, and his laugh that was fading out. It was nice... to hear someone else with me.

Aaron changed the mood when he stopped laughing, as did I.

"She can be safe in the Hotel." Aaron said. "Of course I didn't want to bring her with me, but I couldn't help it. I didn't want to leave and find her dead when I come back."

His sad face staring out into space really got to me. I felt bad for them, especially Aaron. I made sure not to let it show though.

"If it's alright, I'd like her to stay in our hotel. I'll be leaving some of the boys there, I dont think you will need all of us. And I dont want them to fall into something they shouldn't."

You have no idea.

"I wont let you take her out of the state though."

I thought about it for a moment. If she was just in the hotel, not following them around, she would be safe.

I told him that was acceptable, and we shook on it.

I went back to my original seat, trying to get some sleep before we landed. The last thing I saw before I drifted was the look on Aaron's face.

That look could have meant anything, but I would never know.

Because I wasn't him.

Please vote if you want Charles and Aaron to be friends?

Ever just want to go on top of a building and admire the view. Whether it be a city or just regular land you see, and feel like you can do just about anything?

Just something I'd like to do one day...