55

Halloween was just around the corner. As I was told, they had a Mischief Night. It was the night the kids in town would play pranks. Alex and I hadn't ever done any pranks, especially on a teacher.

So, Stiles let me in on his plan to prank our most beloved teacher. A little past midnight, Stiles, Scott, and I carried out our prank. Now, we just had to wait for tomorrow.

Alex drove me to school. We greeted Issac on the way. Nearing the entrance, I saw Aiden and Ethan approach Scott, which was odd since they didn't go to the school anymore.

"Issac, what are they saying?" I asked, gesturing to them.

"They want to be in Scott's pack," Issac replied after a moment.

Stiles joined in and Issac said, "Stiles doesn't agree."

"You came to us for help - we helped," I heard Aiden say the closer we got.

"You beat his face into a bloody pulp!" Stiles said incredulously. "That's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counter-productive."

"Why would I say yes?"

"We'd add strength," Aiden said. "We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no."

"I can think of one," Issac chimed in. "Like, the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd."

"Not to mention these asses shot tens of iron bullets at me," Alex added.

"You know, I don't know why we're not trying to kill them right now," Issac said.

Aiden growled. "You want to try?"

Issac took a step forward and Scott grabbed his wrist, stopping him. "Sorry, but they don't trust you... And neither do I."

I glanced at Ethan before walking away. They were omegas now, the lowest rank of the pack. I looked at Scott ahead and sighed.

"You trust them?" Alex asked me.

"I trust Ethan more than I trust Aiden," I replied. "I don't know... It's just that they're omegas now. I don't think they'd ask if it weren't... life-threatening."

"Totally okay, with it, by the way," Alex said as I put my things in my locker. "Issac, I mean. The night at the clinic? He cares about you."

"Oh, was I supposed to ask you permission, too?" I questioned, scoffing.

"Yes!" He nodded. "I'm not letting another Lucas pass by... which, by the way, so glad he moved states."

Allison came by. She greeted us awkwardly - well, Alex awkwardly. She waved goodbye and left for her class in a rush. I raised my eyebrows, looking at Alex.

"What happened between you two?" I smirked. He chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his head. "I'm fine with it too. Allison already told me what happened anyway... Just, you know, make sure Scott's okay with it. I mean, for the most part, he's over it, but there's always that lingering feeling, you know?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "I know... which is why I haven't spoken to her since. Kind of feels like I'm betraying Camryn in a way."

The bell rang. I patted my brother's shoulder assuringly and headed to economics. I sat down in the column beside Stiles, Scott sitting behind me.

We waited for Coach to come out. Then, we heard him yell, "Son of a bitch!"

Stiles and I did a simple handshake, stifling back our laughs. Coach came in through the door into the classroom.