49

We drove to the hospital and found it empty. We ran out from the car and under the roof. It looked more than just empty. Rather, it looked almost abandoned. I guessed it was because people were in the rush.

"Looks like the evacuation is over," Argent stated as we entered through the open doors.

"Catch a scent?" Allison asked.

"No, not with the rain this heavy," Issac answered.

I looked down at my phone. Still no answer from either of them. I let out an exasperated sigh, shoving my phone back into the inside pocket of my jacket.

Argent then took his gun out from his jeans. The lights in the hall were dim and they flickered. A few minutes after we had arrived, however, the power went down. I looked up and around.

We began to walk far more cautiously. We were still on the first floor. As we rounded the desk, Argent cocked the pistol in his hand.

"I'm gonna take that as a sign you're a little worried," Issac whispered.

"A little?" I commented. "You're all on edge."

"Stay close to me," Argent said.

"I think I heard something," Issac informed and we stopped.

"Where?" I asked, looking around.

"Below us." He laid onto the floor and put his head to the ground.

We didn't want to go down to the noise. I mean, who would go towards where they head something? Every horror movie I ever saw was stupid for doing that... We were that stupid.

The elevators weren't working so we slowly headed to the stairs in the hospital. We walked down more halls. I clicked my pen upon hearing some footsteps. I raised it as Argent raised his gun.

"Oh, my God!"

"Scott," I breathed out. "What happened?"

"A lot."

:::

"So then they're essentially trapped," Argent said as we walked through double doors into an operating room.

"Yeah, right."

"There's no way of getting them out without turning the power back on," Issac said.

"No, wait, wait," Ms. McCall said quickly. "If everything's back on, they're gonna hear the elevator moving, right?"

"And they'll be on Jennifer and Derek as soon as it stops," Scott added. "We can't get in a fight with them."

"Then we give her to Deucalion," I said. They looked at me. "What? They're here for her. And quite frankly, she did kill a lot of people."

"She knows how to heal Cora," Scott defended.

"And how do you know that's not a bluff?" I challenged.

"It's too risky," Scott said, looking down. "They want her dead. If she dies, there's nothing we can do for Stiles's dad and Cora."