36

"I've looked everywhere from archaic symbols to tribal symbols and nothing," I told Allison during lunch.

She sighed, finishing a sketch of the bruise she received from the girl.

"I want one," said Lydia suddenly.

I furrowed my eyebrows and followed her gaze. It was the new twins that came to the school. They were handsome, but they felt off to me, one of them more than the other. It was like they had something to hide.

"Which one?" Allison smiled.

"The straight one, obviously," she replied.

I turned around again. The one on the left watched as Danny passed by. Danny smiled at him, bumping into another person.

"Hey, what if it's not a symbol," Allison said. "What if it's actually a logo?"

"Then this was all for nothing," I said, turning back around.

Lydia was gone from her seat. I looked back at her walking towards one of the twins. Allison and I chuckled and I turned to my laptop, searching for some logos in Beacon Hills.

My phone vibrated on the table. I asked Allison to take it as I put one of the books back on the shelf. When I came back, she gave the phone to me.

"It's Scott," she informed.

"Oh... " I took the phone and held it to my ear. "Hey, Scott."

"Can you meet me after school?" he asked.

"Where and what for?" I questioned. Allison looked at me, curious. "Derek and Peter tried to look into his memories to find out where Boyd and Erica are, but they couldn't see it. We need you to- "

I chuckled. "Derek should have asked me sooner. Well, Alex has somewhere to go after school so I'll ride with you." Allison raised her eyebrows. "If that's okay with you."

"Yeah," he replied. "Stiles can take you in his jeep."

"Okay, I'll see you," I said and hung up.

"What did he want?" Allison asked.

"He wants me to try to see into Issac's memory for Boyd and Erica," I explained. "Stiles will take me... Hey, will you be fine researching by yourself? Now that Lydia has her hands full."

"Yeah, it's fine," Allison nodded, looking back at her laptop.

I was nervous. A part of Allison still loved Scott. Him calling me... I don't know, but Allison didn't look very okay with it. I would never do anything though.

:::

"What's she doing here?" Issac asked, pointing at me.

I dropped my bag down into a table saying, "Scott called."

"I told you not to ask her," Issac growled at him.

"Why not?" I asked, slightly offended.

"Because if there's something in my memory that makes you feel any pain or somehow gets you trapped inside, I don't want you to go through that."

I felt my cheeks turn a shade of pink. I turned my head, avoiding eye contact. "Okay, well something tells me this is going to be less painful for you than that." I glanced at the tub that Stiles, Scott, and Derek were filling with ice.

I outstretched my arms and closed my eyes. I tried searching for the memory, but I couldn't get in, no matter how hard I tried. Then, I saw a glimpse of something, but it wasn't very helpful since all I saw was the symbol on Allison and Lydia's wrist.