25

"What happened out there?" I asked Alex. "What did they do to you?"

We had gotten back home. Allison took Lydia back and Scott and Stiles went after Derek who took off after the kanima.

"Just thew a few punches here and there," Alex said. I gave him that 'motherly' look I always gave him. "Erica clawed me across my chest."

"Let me see it," I told him, already trying to take his jacket off. "Alex!"

"It's nothing, Lucy," he assured me. "I can feel it healing."

"Then it wouldn't hurt to show- "

Alex grabbed my hands, which appeared to be shaking, and squeezed them assuringly. I let out a breath, resting my head against his shoulder.

"Stay home from school for a day, okay?" I told him. "I don't know if Erica or Issac will be there. I can't have you near them, not right now."

"If it makes you feel better, okay," he said. "You're not gonna lose me, Lucy."

I hugged him tightly. No matter how annoying he could be, I still loved him. He was the last of my family I had left. I couldn't see him go.

:::

At school the next day, I noticed that throughout the day, security cameras were set up in each corridor. Gerard had installed these cameras and I had a good feeling it was to watch us and what we were up to.

After school, Scott was going to visit Danny and so I planned to go with him. Danny was at the hospital after being paralyzed by the kanima at a club. Jackson had paralyzed seven of them all. Luckily, no one was killed.

I just had my last class to go to, which was chemistry. When I walked in, Scott looked at me. I looked in the back of the classroom where Issac sat. Erica wasn't present.

"Take your seats, please," Harris said, looking at me.

Scott was sitting beside Lydia at the moment. Allison's lab day wasn't the same day as ours so she wasn't here at the moment. The only empty seat was in the back next to him.

I was already getting Harris's bored and annoyed expression of me standing there. I didn't want to argue so I sat beside him.

"Lucy- "

"Class is starting," I cut him off. "I need to bring my grade up."

"Where are Stilinski and Erica?" Harris asked, looking up.

"Sick," Issac responded.

A few minutes in, we were starting our lab of the day. We followed the instructions in the packet and took notes on what happened and the reactions.

"Lucy, this requires some communication," Issac said.

"Okay... pour three milligrams of- "

"That's not what I meant," he interrupted. "I'm sorry about your brother. It was Derek's idea."

"Of course it was his," I snarled. "You're just doing his dirty work, making you into killers. Still doesn't make it right. And be honest, you probably liked it." He said nothing because he did like it.

"You still don't get it, do you? Derek doesn't care about you. He's just getting what he wants - power - and he doesn't care if he has to ruin the lives of sixteen-year-olds to do so. I hate him... and I hate you."

The bell rang. I left with Scott outside. I didn't think he had ridden his bike to school until I saw it in the bike racks.

"Don't you have a car?" I asked as he got on his bike.