12

With much convincing (because Jackson also argued to come and Lydia didn't want to be left alone), we finally got inside the school, just the two of us. Jackson stayed in the car with Lydia, as the good boyfriend should be.

I wasn't too afraid of the dark so I wasn't anxious because of that. I was anxious because I felt the aura that surrounded the school and that was in the halls. It was... dark, frightening. I had a hunch of what could be out there, but I wasn't sure. I didn't have proof or anything.

"Let's check in here," said Lucas, taking my hand.

He pulled me into a dark empty room, which surprised me because I thought everything was locked. He closed the door. He then turned me around and his lips crashed into mine and his hands went down to my waist, pushing me towards the desks. He lifted me up, making me sit on one.

"Okay - this is definitely - definitely not what I was - thinking when we came - in here," I spoke, Lucas giving me another kiss.

He pulled away from my neck, looking at me. "Do you not like it?"

"I, uh... " What was I supposed to say? My teenage hormones were turning on. "Well, I don't hate it."

"Good," he smiled, leaning in again.

"Shouldn't we look for Allison and Scott?" I asked and he gently bit my earlobe. "Lucas... "

I looked down, watching as his hand went to my belt and his other hand went for my bra as he continued to give me a hickey on my neck. But that wasn't the only reason I tried getting him to stop. I felt another presence in the room.

"Lucas, stop!" I whisper-shouted. "Wait... do you hear that?"

It sounded from above us. I pushed Lucas away as I unlocked the door and stepped out into the corridor. There was nothing ahead of us. Just the long line of lockers and the stairs.

"Ahh!"

I turned around and Lucas fell forward. I caught him, using all the strength I could. I looked behind him, but I could only see a dark shadow that looked like an animal's foot.

"My back... something scratched me," he groaned.

He kneeled on the ground and I took his jacket off. It went straight through it. There were three gashes on his back, but they didn't look too deep. I would have healed him, but I couldn't. Not when he knew he was already injured and in pain. Maybe if I knew exactly how to erase people's memories, then yes, but I had no idea how to.

"Okay, get up," I told him, putting his hand around my shoulders as I lifted him up.

My phone then began to ring. Struggling, I picked it up and put it on speaker.

"Where are you?" Lydia asked. "We're in the lobby. Meet us here."

I headed that way and was glad to see Lydia, Allison, Jackson, and Scott who was with Stiles. Seeing something was wrong with Lucas, Stiles and Jackson picked him up.

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"I - I don't know," I said quickly. "He got scratched by something, but it looks really painful." It was extremely painful.

There was a thud from above us. I looked up, watching as one tile above us got loose. It was walking above us slowly, waiting for the right moment to pounce.

"Run!"

We went on a full sprint up the stairs and down another hall. I felt the ground shake every time I heard its feet land on the ground. It sounded like it was on all fours, chasing after us.