50

"The word is guardian, Allison," said Argent, walking into his study. "More than anyone, you should know that's not a role I have lived up to lately."

"She took Scott's mother, Stiles's father, and Olivia," Allison argued.

"That's three," Argent said. "Why am I in danger?"

"Well, consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator doors," Stiles told him. "Whether she has her three or not, that kind of felt like a warning to me."

"I think it might be Morrell," Allison said. "She knows a lot more than what she lets on and she might even be trying to help us."

"Well, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay?" Stiles responded. "Seeing as how the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away."

"Stiles, don't give up hope," Argent told him comfortingly.

"They could already be dead," Stiles said quietly, discouraged.

"I don't think so," Argent said with hope. "There's something about Jennifer's tactics. It's like she's still positioning, still moving pieces into place."

"And you might be one of them," Allison told him sincerely.

"Then let's not wait around to see the next move," Argent replied. He grabbed a map. "Everything she's done has been on a telluric current. So Melissa, Olivia, and the sheriff have to be somewhere on one of those, right?" He looked at Stiles on the chair. "Stiles, if we're gonna find them, we need your help."

"You seriously want to go after her?" Stiles questioned. "I mean, what if she just takes you like the others, huh? No offense, but what's the difference between you and them?"

He took his gun. "I'm carrying a .45. Maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half her skull blown off.

"We've got one priority right now, and that is to find Melissa, Olivia, and your dad. We've got a map and every clue we need to figure this out. The only thing we don't have is time, which is why I need all of you."

Stiles exhaled. "Where do we start."

Argent smiled as Stiles stood up. "That place where the sacrifices have been committed have usually been different from where the bodies have been found. I think the placement has to do with the strength of the current. So there's the school, the animal clinic, the bank."

"Wait a sec," I spoke. "She wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?"

"Only if she didn't succeed the first time," Argent answered.

"Scott's boss," Allison said.

"Deaton."

"It was one of her failures," he replied.

"One?" I questioned, curious.

"You were her second," he answered. I looked around the room, confused. "She must have been the one to sneak into your room. She may have tried to take you, but I don't think she had confirmed you were a healer... "

"Well, thanks for thinking before killing me," I muttered. "So it's the bank."

"That's just one place so far," Stiles said. "We're gonna need a lot more help."

"What about Lydia?" Allison suggested.

"Lydia?" Argent asked. "What can she do?"

"Uh, Lydia's got sort of a talent," Stiles explained. "She somehow ended up finding a couple of the bodies, um... without actually looking for them."