New friendship

Lauren's POV

Detention was over! That was the eternal hour of my life. I can't wait to go home.

"Lauren wait up!" I heard someone call me. I turned to see Camila.

We had spend all detention talking when the teacher wasn't looking. We found out we had a lot of things in common. It turned out we were both Cuban, except she's part Mexican too. She loves One Direction could go on talking about them for hours.

"You walking home?" She asked as she got her things.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked.

"Yeah. Where do you live." She asked and I told her.

It turned out that we actually lived a block away from each other.

"So do you want to walk to school tomorrow with me?" She asked.

I thought of it for a bit. She's nice and seemed cool. Plus, she is my friend.

"Sure why not. Thanks for today." I smiled.

"Ok be here around 7:30. Don't be late, or I'll leave without you." She smiled as she walked away.

I laughed and went inside. This is going better than I thought.

...............................................................

Camila's POV

Beep.Beep.Beep. I heard my alarm ring. "Auug." I said as I had to wake up for school. School was always boring and there was nothing that really happen except a new student. I guess her name was Lauren. I saw her during lunch sitting there alone. I wanted to talk to her, since I knew what it was being the new student before. The only thing that stopped me was that she was giving away a bad vibe, like she didn't want to talk to anyone. If she at least smiled, I'm sure someone would talk to her. Well at least some guy would, since she was really beautiful.

"Mila, what are you looking at?" My friend Normani asked.

"Umm, the new girl, she seems kinda lonely.Should we go talk to her?" I asked them. They all nodded their heads.

We stood up and were about to go up to her but the bell rang. Saved by the bell much?

"Guess we'll have to do it tomorrow Mila." Ally said.

"I guess" I said, as we head to fourth period.

I had chemistry with Dinah, how I hated that class. To make matters worse, we had to do a lab. I really wasn't paying attention to the instructions and I ended up doing something wrong which earned me a detention for not being safe. When the teacher turned around I stuck my tongue out and glared at him.

I really didn't want to go to detention. I didn't do anything as bad as these kids When I walked in I was looking to see if I knew anyone in there. I was surprise to see the new girl sitting down with her head down.

"Isn't that the new girl?" I heard someone say. She looked up and glared at the girl who had just said that. I sat down next to her and said,

"Being the new girl and glaring at others won't help you make new friends here." She turned and looked at me. Her eyes were beautiful. I wish I had them. I had to pretend to be interested on my phone so I wouldn't stare at them.

"I'm Camila by the way. You must be Lauren.." I said with a smirk on my face, feeling badass that I knew her name.

"Jauregui. Does everyone know my name?" She asked me. She probably hated the school.

"Sort of, there hasn't been much happen here in a while and so you're the talk of the school. So where are you from?" Might as well learn something.

"I just moved here from Miami." That took me by surprise. I didn't expect her to be from sunny Miami. When I moved here I cried for weeks.

"Really? Me too, I moved here during sixth grade."

"Well isn't this a small world." she said, which made me laugh.

"Have you made any new friends yet?" I asked her even though I knew she didn't.

"Not really" She said kinda embarassed. I kinda felt bad for asking her.

"Well you just did." I told her. Hoping it would make her feel better. Plus she seemed like a cool person.

When detention was over, I noticed she was walking home. I usually walked home by myself, but now I found someone to walk with. To be honest I get scared sometimes so it feels good to have company. I'm glad she said yes though.

__________________________

Thanks for reading. I'm sorry it's so long but we wanted to get Camila's point of view in. Please vote and comment on what you think about the story so far.