【 𝙀𝙭𝙖𝙢. 】

"Let it go

"Let it go.. Let it go..." Shoto mumbles, staring at his exam paper with a bead of sweat on his brow. I reach over and hand him a handkerchief.

"Come on, Sho, focus."

He widens his eyes. "Right..."

I look back at my own test paper and read the next question.

If Enji- ew, Enji, has 48 bananas and gives his friend -19, how long will it take him to eat 20 of them?

I write down "48, because Enji has no friends."

*  *  *

"The 6th match is about to start. Y/N Bakugo and Hanta Sero, please head to the field."

I follow Sero to the field, stretching my arms over my head. "So we're fighting Midnight, huh? Maybe it's because we both suck at long-range combat and need close-range?"

"That lowkey hurt my heart, Y/N."

I know exactly what to do in this situation.

"Don't worry.. I love you, bitch!"

Sero perks up. "I ain't never gonna stop lovin' you, bitch!"

I sling my arm around his shoulder as we walk and we both laugh while we enter the stage. "All we have to do is capture her or run! Easy, huh?" Sero puts his hands to the back of his neck.

"Yup! We just have to find her..."

After a few minutes of running, the exam officially starts. I hear Midnight's whip crack and I stop, crouching behind a rock. I signal to Sero that I'm using my quirk and I do so.

She's going to use Somnambulist to put both of us to sleep, and if we resist she'll use her whips to pull us into the mist of her quirk.

"We need to avoid close-range as much as possible, or else we'll automatically fail. I have a plan, to put it simply."

"Ohh~! A plan? So youthful and clever!"

I look back and Midnight has a whip in her hands, licking her lips. Sero pulls back behind the rock. "What do we do?"

"She can hear us. We have to get away."

I spring up and grab Sero's hand, running away and ducking behind rocks so neither of us would get caught by Midnight.

I must have made a miscalculation or something in my speed or my force, because Midnight's whip wraps around my classmate's arm and he's pulled into the mist. Midnight sits down and catches him, staring at me from afar with sadistic eyes.

I run away, yelling. "I'm sorry, Soy Sauce!"

My plan has fallen apart, pretty much. With Sero gone, I just lost a significant amount of support, as well as a friend. All I'm good at is close-quarters combat because of natural reflexes, but that's pretty much all I can do.

Think, Y/N, think..

A few minutes later, Midnight must have gotten tired of waiting. I grab my sleeve in my teeth and rip part of it off, tying it around my nose and mouth so they're covered.

I hear the hero coming closer, and I grab the closest rock, which was the largest near. I throw it and by reflex, Midnight wraps her whip around it but before she realizes she's been backstabbed, tricked and utterly bamboozled, I run up silently and bodyslam her, knocking her down.

The teacher falls over and when I'm about to handcuff her, she rolls over and kicks my stomach, making me fall back onto my behind. She gets up and reaches for me to take my mask down, but I sweep her legs out from under her and twist my body so I get up in a split-second and handcuff her, catching her fall.

The alarm goes off. "Congratulations, you passed!"

I let Midnight go. "Sorry, Ms. Midnight. I got too rough, didn't I?"

"Oh, it's fine! I was going easy on you anyway." The queen smiles, normally this time. "You should probably go check on your teammate."

"Ah, right, Sero!"

I run off to get Sero and Midnight chuckles.

Next chapter hits Monday, May 3!

A/N: Sorry for the late update, I had a lot of stuff going on today.