Missed You (Fili x reader)

You pulled your hair into a messy bun for the thousandth time, getting flour and cookie dough all over it, and returned to kneading the dough. You were doing one of your favorite activities, baking, but hadn't bothered to deal with your hair. It had been in a continuously falling messy bun all morning, but you didn't have time to get yourself together as it was important that you got these cookies done. After all, Fili, your beloved, was supposed to be returning a bit later that day from a two-week diplomatic trip to the Iron Hills. It had been a terribly long two weeks for you, but it gave you enough time to prepare some surprises for when he would return. You had spent all your time in the forges, working on a beautiful dagger and set of beads for him. Now, all you had to do was finish making his favorite cookies and you would be ready to meet him.

You groaned as your hair fell out of your bun again, and then sneezed as you reached up to fix it and flour came raining down on you. Fili would definitely scold you for neglecting your hair for most of the time he was gone, but in your defense it had taken you a long time to figure things out in the forge. Surprising him was your first priority, everything else came after. 

Suddenly, you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist. Then, one hand reached out and grabbed a piece of cookie dough. You turned sharply and saw Fili grinning wickedly at you as he stuck the dough into his mouth.

"Fili!" you laughed, swatting at his hand. "What do you think you're doing?".

"Kissing you," the blonde dwarf replied, eyes gleaming, as he leaned forward and pressed his lips to yours. You leaned into the kiss, eager to feel his lips on yours again, eager to be close to him again. He tasted of cookie dough among all the other things that made him up. Soon, both of you had to part for air, but Fili still kept you close to him, arms wrapped gently around you. 

"My favorite," he remarked, nodding towards the cookie dough.

"They were supposed to be ready by your return," you murmured. "I wanted to make you a surprise".

"Oh that's all right," Fili murmured back. "I like them either way". He made to grab another piece of dough, but you poked his side, causing him to stop.

"Don't," you said crossly. "If you keep eating it, there won't be any left to bake. Besides, eating a lot of cookie dough isn't good for you".

"Alright alright," Fili agreed. "I will make the biggest effort to wait until they are ready. Why is there so much flour in your hair?" he asked suddenly, patting you on the head and dusting some of the flour away. "And why is your hair so messy?".

"I was busy," you replied. "Didn't have time to deal with it. Besides, once it reached a certain point, it was beyond my powers to brush it. I could have cut it off of course, but I was much too busy to even get my hands on a pair of scissors".

"I'll help you out," Fili said. "It won't take long".

"My hero," you teased him. "Let me finish the cookies first at least".

"Alright," he nodded. You turned away and continued with your kneading, but soon enough you felt his hands in your hair, pulling it out of its messy bun and running through it. You smiled as he did his magic on your hair, making you feel all sorts of happy at the same time. Meanwhile, you were forming little balls from the dough and lining them up on a cookie sheet to put in the oven. 

"I'll get that for you," Fili said, taking the sheet from your hands and pushing it into the oven. 

"Thanks," you smiled, planting a kiss on his cheek. "Do you want to go rest now? You must be tired from the journey".

"Not at all," Fili replied. "I just want to spend some time with you. It's been far too long. Both for me and your hair. When was the last time you brushed it, Y/N?".