Far From the Home I love (Thranduil x daughter reader)

The song in this fic is from Fiddler on the Roof and it is part 3 of the previous 2 fics.

Your heart fluttered as you approached the border of Mirkwood. This was your home, but at the same time you were afraid that if you entered it you would never come out again. Most of all, you were afraid of your father's wrath, for if Thranduil found out that his daughter was in love with a dwarf and leaving with him, he would surely be in a rage. Yet you had to undertake this task, for you had to make sure that your father would not drown in grief and alcohol if left all alone. You needed to make sure that he had found someone that would take care of him, and that he understood why you were making this choice. He may not agree with it, but it would mean a lot to you if he at least understood you.

"C'mon sister," your brother Legolas said, playfully pushing you. "Ada (father) doesn't bite you know".

"I know," you replied. "I'm just... collecting myself".

"You will be alright lass," Gimli said encouragingly. "I know you will". 

"Thanks Gimli," you said, looking at him fondly. "I don't... I don't fear ada. I shouldn't anyway. I should be able to tell him anything. I'm just worried...".

"Listen Y/N,"Gimli said, squeezing your hand firmly. "You are the bravest lass I know. I've seen you fight orcs, trolls, scale oliphaunts with your brother and even more. I know you can face this. I know that you can walk into Mirkwood with your head held high and exit with it held just as high".

"Gimli's right," Legolas nodded, wrapping an arm around you. "You're a powerful girl Y/N, and a stubborn one. If you have something on your mind it will get done. Now go into MIrkwood and talk to ada. We'll be right by your side". You nodded gratefully at your brother and at Gimli before stepping into the forest.

A well known gloom encircled you as you breathed in the familiar air and walked the familiar paths that you had walked for thousands of years before. You followed the path that was so clear to your elf eyes which took you straight to the palace.

"My adad (father) told me stories of this place," Gimli said with a shudder. "Talked of spiders and such. Never thought I'd walk within it myself".

"Aye, there were many spiders and other such foul creatures during the quest to Erebor and Sauron's leap to power," Legolas agreed. "However the darkness is gone and Mirkwood should start turning back into the Greenwood soon. The key really is to stay on the path, but navigation isn't for all of us".

"Hey, be nice Legolas," you chided him. "It wasn't Thorin Oakenshield's fault. The Mirkwood can be quite intimidating for strangers". 

"Halt. Who goes there?" came a voice, and you turned to see a guard standing with his bow drawn.

"Easy Theringol," Legolas said, placing a hand on the guard's shoulder. "Do you not recognize your prince and princess?".

"Ah, forgive me your highnesses, I did not expect to see you here today," Theringol said courteously with a low bow. "But who is this that goes with you?" he inquired, turning to Gimli.

"This is Gimli Gloinson," you explained. "Our companion. He is not to be harmed".

"Very well," Theringol consented. "Come, I will take you to the palace". All of you nodded and followed the guard to the palace. 

"Thank you Theringol, you may return to duty now," Legolas said, dismissing the guard. He left with another bow.

"Come Gimli," he said, turning to the dwarf. "Mirkwood palace may not have been one of our destinations, but now you will get to see it".