How Far I'll Go (Legolas x sister reader x Gimli) (Song from Moana)

"Are ya sure about this Y/N?" Gimli asked of you, as the both of you sat on the ground, waiting for your brother, Legolas.

"For the thousandth time, Gimli, I'm sure," you assured him, clasping his hands firmly. 

You were Legolas' twin sister and had gone with him, both when he went with Tauriel to help the dwarves reclaim Erebor and on the quest to destroy the One Ring. It was on that quest that you had met Gimli, the gruff dwarf that had stolen your heart. He had also become a close friend of Legolas, and it was surprising that the both of you were so attached to the son of Gloin, especially when you had both been disgusted by Gloin's picture of him in Mirkwood forest. 

Now the quest for the ring was over, and you all had waved farewell to Frodo and Bilbo as they left from the Grey Havens. You knew that Legolas and Gimli had decided long ago to travel all the places of Middle Earth together after the quest was over, and you also knew that there was no way that you were going back to Mirkwood now that you were in love with Gimli. However, your brother did not know that yet, nor did he really know that you were in love with Gimli. You knew that you should have told him earlier, but there were so many things going on that you just didn't have time to have a one on one conversation with your brother. So now, as the both of you were waiting for Legolas to return from Gondor, where he had a few last minute things to take care of, you were summoning all the courage you had to break the news to him.

"This is what I want Gimli, just as much as I'm sure you want it," you continued. "Although I love my father and my home dearly, my heart belongs with you more than anyone else. If I return home, then who knows when we will be reunited again. You will be gone for long, and I love you too much to bear that time".

"Aye Y/N, it would be difficult for me as well," Gimli agreed. "You are my One, and I have heard that a dwarf without their One will slowly wither away, or go completely insane. I would not choose to part with you for the world, and yet I worry what Legolas will say about this, and if the journey would be safe for you".

"Don't worry about my brother. We are close, he will understand. And as for my safety, have you not seen me fight plenty of times, and have you not heard of my fighting during the quest for Erebor?".

"That I have, and yet I shudder when I think that something can happen to you. Be that as it may, I will not be the one to leave you behind".

"All set," you heard Legolas' voice as he stepped into the clearing. "Let's get going to get to Mirkwood".

"Legolas," you said, walking up to your brother. "We need to talk for a moment".

"Of course sister, I am ready to listen". You led him away from Gimli, to the other side of the clearing.

"Listen Legolas, this will probably come as a shock for you and you might be upset, but I'm not going back to Mirkwood. I'm going with you. And Gimli".

"What? Why Y/N? This is not what we agreed on".

"I know," you sighed. "I shouldn't have kept you in the dark Legolas. You are my brother after all, but there just wasn't time. You are close to Gimli, you would trust him with your life, wouldn't you?".

"Of course, he is a dear friend," Legolas agreed.

"I would trust him with my life and more," you continued. "I would trust him with my heart". You expected Legolas to be angry, to scorn your love for a dwarf, but instead he smiled.

"The dwarves of Erebor do seem to be very good at capturing the hearts of the best ladies of Mirkwood. First Kili and Tauriel, and now you and Gimli".

"You are not mad?" you asked, confused by his words.

"Oh no, not at all. In fact, I would not wish for a better match for you".