The Forest Guardian (Thranduil x Reader)

As the Battle of the Five Armies drew to a close, you called your animals back towards you. You had been born with the ability to telepathically communicate with animals and when you heard of the upcoming battle from a butterfly sent by one of your acquaintances, Gandalf, you decided that you and some of the strongest animals you were friends with would join the battle. You had taken wolves, bears, bobcats, various stinging insects and birds of prey to help in the battle agains the common enemy: the orcs. 

The animals came to your call, gathering around you and you thanked them all for helping in the battle and told them that you would all return back to your forest home to grieve for the ones that were lost. 

As you walked, you caught sight of an elk lying on the ground. You sensed that he was still alive, and bidding the animals to keep moving towards home, you went to see if there was anything you could do to help the noble creature. 

You approached him carefully, bowing your head respectfully before sitting down next to him and calling out to him with your mind. 

"Good noble elk, what has happened to you in this battle?" you asked him.

"I have been hurt badly by the orcs and am afraid I will die," came a weak reply.

"No no, you must not die," you told him. "I know you are strong and can survive your wounds. Come with me to my forest home, I will help your wounds to heal and you will be among many other animals that I am friendly with".

"I accept your call and offer, for something draws me to you and I sense that you are good". You nodded, and placing your hands to his side, gave him some of your energy so that he would be able to rise and make the journey to the woods. 

He got up with a grunt and you walked slowly by him, speaking words of encouragement to him so that would keep going. It was slow going, but you understood that the elk was very weak and the fact that he was even able to walk with you was very good already. 

Eventually you arrived at your forest lodging. It was a large house with various verandas, halls, pools, and caverns, so that every animal could find shelter there if necessary. You led the elk into a quiet room where he would be able to rest peacefully and went to get the necessary medicines as well as some food and water for him. 

Upon returning, you dressed his wounds with the utmost care, and offered him fresh water and various grasses and leaves. He gladly took your offering, allowing you to gently pet his side while he ate. After he was done, you addressed him.

"Would you like me to leave so you can have some rest, noble elk, or would you prefer my company?".

"Some rest would be good, sweet caring girl, and I believe that with this rest and the good care you have given me I will recover very quickly".

"I'm glad," you replied. "It hurts me very much to see you injured. And please, call me Y/N, and tell me what I may call you".

"Very well Y/N. My name is N".

"A lovely name," you replied. "I am also curious about who was the rider of such a noble creature as yourself, but you can tell me later as I see you're tired".

"Oh I wouldn't want to keep you in the dark. I'll tell you now. My rider was named Thranduil, he is the king of the elves of Mirkwood".

"I have never heard of him or that place," you mused. "It must be very far then, and I do not know how to get there".

"Do not worry yourself about that Y/N. Once I am strong enough I will see if I can find my way and see what has become of Thranduil while I was gone. I do not believe that he has perished in battle, but then again after I was injured I wasn't sure about everything that was going on. I also worry about Thranduil's son, the young prince Legolas. I remember him since he was an elfling and he rode on my back with his father until he was old enough to have his own elk". His voice grew tired and weary, and you saw that his eyes were drooping.