Snowstorm (Kili x Modern Reader)

Hi guys!!! Yep, you guessed it, it's a continuation of Uncle Kili (Almost). I'm sure by now you can tell that I have a massive crush on Kili and have been developing these stories about him and a modern reader for ages now. Anyway, here we go! Also, for characters that I add to the story, I'm going to put the letter N for their names so that you guys can insert names of your choice if you want.

Christmas break was one of your favorite vacation times, even now that you were out of school. It was always longer than February or April break, and there were so many holidays and such a nice winter spirit. Oh and of course, the joy of finding the very best and most expensive wrapping paper and decorative bows, seeing the joy on the faces of your family as all of you opened gifts, buying and decorating the tree, and cooking a lot of food all added to your love of those two weeks. The times when you got snow were especially good because that meant going out to do various winter activities such as snowman building, sledding, skiing, and more. 

This year, you were practically bouncing around the house as you waited for the break to start. You had convinced your boyfriend Kili to come visit for at least a few days of the break with his family. You had invited his brother Fili, his uncle Thorin, his mother Dis, and also Dwalin and Balin who were close family friends. You also invited N, a close friend you had made in Erebor. You were certain that she would become great friends with your best friend, N, who was also visiting for a day or two. 

By this time you and Gandalf had figured out a way to allow people approved by you to travel through the portal by themselves. This was especially good now as you wanted to be at home to help with all the decorating and preparing that your family did on the first day of break, while your company was expected to come on the third day. 

"Y/N, do you think Uncle Kili and the others will want to decorate gingerbread with us?" one of your brothers asked as he watched your mom take out a sheet of cookies from the oven. 

"Of course," you assured him. It was now the third day of break, and just before the arrival of the company, and your family was getting the last few things ready. "Do you want to run and get the gift bags so I can arrange them nicely?" you asked, turning to your other brother. He nodded, and went to the basement where you had spent hours wrapping up and packaging gifts for the company. You had gotten everyone a santa hat, and then another item based on what they liked as well as some candy. You had also prepped some gifts to be taken back to the people of Erebor, including some cool toys from your world to give to the dwarflings. 

He quickly came back with the bags, and as you arranged them under the tree, you saw a faint shimmering in the air.

"Oh they're here!" you said excitedly. Sure enough, a group stepped through the portal. "Welcome," you greeted them, giving them all hugs as it had been a couple weeks since you'd last seen them. "I'm so glad you're all here. Everyone this is N, a good friend of mine that I invited as well. N, this is my dad, my mom, my brothers, and another one of my friends".

"What smells so good in here?" Kili asked, after all the greetings were done. 

"Cookies!" one of your brothers squealed. "They're gingerbread, and you have to decorate them with icing and candy, do you want to?".

"Of course," Kili chuckled. 

"I wouldn't mind decoratin' some cookies either," Fili added. 

"Oh what's this you're carrying Mrs. Dis?" you asked, as you saw that she was carrying a package. "Here, you can put it down on the counter".

"Oh just a little something to thank your lovely parents for hosting us all," Dis replied. 

"Oh how very nice of you," your mom said.