Annoying and Lovable (Fili and Kili x Sister Reader)

Having Fili and Kili as brothers had both its good and bad sides. On one hand, the fact that you were 12 and younger than Fili who was 14, but older than Kili, who was 9, gave you the advantage of being able to make Fili do anything for you but at the same time to boss Kili around. However, they were also super annoying. Extremely annoying.

For example, one day, you were sitting under your favorite willow tree in a small valley in Ered Luin. You were reading a book, a very special book that your adad (father) had given to you before his death. It may have been a childish book, simply a collection of beautifully illustrated fantastical stories, but you had read it many times and it was one of your most cherished possessions. You had never showed it to anyone, and kept it hidden away in a special treasure box when you weren't reading it. 

Suddenly the book was grabbed from your hands, rather roughly, and you winced as you heard one of the pages tear a little. You looked up to see Kili with a wicked grin on his face.

"Kili," you said, with a warning in your voice. "Give that back".

"Nah, not to you," he replied, before tossing it. You almost let out a shriek, but then you saw that Fili has skillfully caught it. Not that that was any better for you.

"My my Y/N," Fili said teasingly, looking at the cover. "And here I thought you were a big girl, but you're reading children's stories".

"Even I don't read those anymore," Kili boasted. 

"Fee," you said tiredly, "give it back".

"Why should I if you don't need it?" he asked. "Maybe I'll just give it to Kili".

"Fili don't," you begged, but it was too late as he had already tossed it to Kili. 

"Kee please," you cried, running up to him. "I'll give you whatever you want. My collection of polished stones, or my little dagger if you want it. Or what about my beads?".

"It's fine," Kili brushed you off. "Catch Fee". You groaned as you continued to chase after them, constantly begging them to give back your book, but they just wouldn't listen. 

At some point you neared the lake, and you were trying more than ever to get them to stop, afraid that the book would land in the lake.

"No Fili," you shrieked, as he tossed the book to Kili. It went over his head and fell straight into the lake. You froze as tears formed in your eyes.

"Oh no," Kili said, not too worried.

"We're sorry Y/N," Fili said, walking up to you. "But you didn't really need it right? It was just a children's book".

"Sorry," you repeated, your voice cold. "You're sorry. It was not just a children's book. It was Adad's gift to me before his death. It is one of the only things I have to remember him and you just went and tossed it into the lake. NO, I DON'T THINK YOU'RE SORRY AT ALL, AND I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER FORGIVE YOU EITHER." You shouted this last part out before turning and running away, to hide in your room. 

You stayed huddled in your room for the rest of the day, not even opening it when your mother, Dis, or your uncle, Thorin, knocked on the door. You had your treasure box opened, going through everything in it that you had from you adad, the blanket he gave you covering your shoulders. 

At some point, when you assumed it was around bedtime, a small knock came at your door. 

"Y/N?" came Fili's voice. You had never heard him sound so scared or uncertain. 

"Go away," you mumbled. 

"Y/N please," came Kili's voice, small and close to tears. "We... we just wanna talk to you. We brought you some warm milk with honey. You haven't eaten anything else today". 

"Fine," you huffed. Despite everything, you were hungry, and warm milk with honey sounded very tempting. 

The door carefully opened, and in walked your two brothers, already in their pajamas. 

"Here," Fili said, handing you a mug.

"Thanks," you mumbled, before taking a sip. It was warm and sweet, just how you liked it. 

"We got the book out of the lake," Kili said quietly. "It didn't go in very deep".

"Yes," Fili nodded. "Master Balin said he could restore it. "We're sorry Y/N," he said after a moment. "We didn't know".

"We were just trying to have some fun," Kili added. You looked at them, their eyes begging for forgiveness, and thought for a minute.

Was a memory of your adad, no matter how precious it was, really worth staying mad at your brothers? No, nothing was really truly worth staying mad at them, and never would be. You loved them more than the world and nothing would ever change that.

"I forgive you," you said, smiling.

"Really?" they asked together, eyes lighting up. You nodded.

"Come cuddle with me?" you asked, holding up your blanket. They nodded happily, and the three of you proceeded to get into a comfortable cocoon and fall asleep, as Dis and Thorin watched on quietly. 

The next morning, when you woke up, they weren't there. However, there was a note that told you to follow the arrows. You searched around for the arrows, and saw a trail of them laid out on the floor with sticks and other things. Curiously, you followed the trail down the halls until you got to the kitchen. There you saw Fili and Kili decked out in aprons, with a bunch of ingredients and measuring supplies laid out on the counter around a big bowl. 

"We thought you might want to make cookies with us," Kili said excitedly.

"Chocolate chip, your favorite," Fili added.

"Aww, I love you guys," you said happily, giving them a big hug before finding another apron and getting to work.

Naturally, the rest of that day was just as amazing as the beginning.

And that's just a cute Fili and Kili story for you. I hope you liked it!