Stunning + Food (Kili x modern reader) (continuation of Uncle Kili)

Being from a human family from a world across meant that you had many different traditions and ways of leading life from the dwarves who became your second family. Your cultures were so different from each other and so were the things you did. You had lovingly embraced dwarven culture just as you had embraced Kili, but at the same time you also wanted to share elements of your modern life with the dwarves. So, as you were staying in Erebor for a bit of time, you decided to introduce one of your family's favorite traditions.

In your family, food played an important part. Everyone loved it and everyone loved cooking as well. Your mom was an expert at baking, while your dad's barbecue was absolutely heavenly. He also made amazing breakfasts, while your mom could make a sandwich out of anything. If the two of them were given the task of making dinner than everyone could expect a celebration for their tastebuds. You had always loved helping out in the kitchens and had learned much from your parents. You always strove towards being a more independent cook and when you were about twelve your dad had a brilliant idea to help you become more independent in that field.

It had simply started with the proposal that on any given day for any given meal there would be a chef that had to surprise the rest of the family with their creation. This meant that you were usually preparing at least one meal every day. Eventually it evolved into certain weeks when a chef of the week would be selected. Specifically, there would be a breakfast chef, a lunch chef, and a dinner chef. This moved you even more to improve your independence as you transitioned from just being able to make a meal by yourself to experimenting with ingredients to figure out how to make the meal more unique. It didn't have to be any fancy recipe, but a different type of spice or an addition of a little something extra really placed a partition between a regular meal and a masterpiece.

This favorite tradition of yours had led you to suggest it to your new dwarven family and they happily agreed to get introduced to this part of your life. Naturally, you had volunteered to go first to give them an idea of what it was like, and you started out small with just a chef of the week for dinner.

Now it was almost time for the start of dinner preparations, but you were sitting in a cozy chair in the library, looking through a booklet of various dwarven wedding dresses that Dis and your friend Tarquin (I decided to give her a definite name just to make things a bit easier) had kindly put together for you after you told them that you wanted both a regular and dwarven wedding. Your regular wedding was almost completely planned out, partly because of the hours you spent on Pinterest, but the dwarven one took a little more work as you weren't too familiar with all the customs and traditions.

Suddenly you felt a warm weight on your shoulder and turned your head to see Kili leaning his head on it, looking through the dresses with you.

"Hey Kee," you smiled, planting a kiss on his head.

"Hey," he replied back. "That one there looks exceptionally pretty," he remarked, pointing to a dress.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorites," you agreed.

"I'm hungry," he suddenly whined, poking your arm gently. "Aren't you supposed to be making dinner love?".

"Yes," you chuckled. "Just give me a few more minutes...". Your concentration returned to the booklet where you saw another very lovely dress.

"Yyyyyy/Nnnnnn," Kili whined, poking you some more. You turned your head and smiled as you saw that he had on his adorable puppy eyes and pouty face. 

"Aww Kili, you're irresistible," you said, kissing his nose lightly. "But didn't you just eat after your sparring match with Fili?".

"Don't care," he grumbled like a little child. "Hungry".