A Simple Girl With a Noble Heart (Eomer x Reader)

Living out on the open plain, with only a bit of forest for cover was hard as it was, without six children to take care of, and yet you wouldn't have it any other way. You were the head of a children's home, though there wasn't really any other staff to be in charge off. The only inhabitants of the little stone and wood hut that was the house were you, the six children you had taken in, a strong mare, and an old grumpy cat that had decided to move in. 

You led a happy, simple life, going about your every day tasks with the children in the morning, and spending the afternoons teaching them various things. They were a nice little bunch, with two cheeky eight year old twin elf boys that were almost near impossible to tell apart, a shy nine year old dwarf girl, a small six year old boy and his big sister of eleven years, and another little baby girl, only seven or eight months old,  who you had picked up only recently. All of them, save the baby girl, had lived for three or four years and were practically like your own children now. 

To this point you had lived a pretty comfortable life, wanting nothing more than what you had and not knowing any dangers or any grief. However, that all changed one day. 

It was a bright sunny day, perfect for washing some clothes and hanging them out to dry. You were just finishing hanging up the last of the laundry with Tilly, the eleven year old girl, and Milli, the nine year old dwarf girl. Matt, the six year old boy was playing quietly near by, and Melody, the little baby girl, was sitting near you on a blanket. The two elflings, Hir and Dan had gone to practice their archery a little way into the plain. 

Suddenly, you heard their frantic shouts, and after a minute they came running into view.

"ORCS ORCS" they shouted as they sprinted into the yard.

"Orcs? Where?" you asked, panicked, trying to figure out what was going on.

"A whole group of them," Hir panted out.

"And they're coming this way, we were barely able to run away," Dan added. 

"But they wouldn't want anything to do with us, would they?" Milli asked nervously. You shook your head. You knew enough about orcs to know that they spared no one. Your home town had been raided by orcs, and all the men had been killed, while the women, girls, and young boys were taken into slavery or to serve in their ranks. You very much doubted that they would pass right by.

"We need to act quick," you started, gathering all the children around you. "Tilly, take our strong mare and take Milli, Matt, and Melody with you. Ride as fast as you can, and as far away from here as possible. Hir, Dan, you have some skill with your bows and fighting, you'll stay with me and we'll try to slow down the orcs so that the others can get away". However, before you could bring the plan into action, the orcs were already there. There were about ten orcs, all sitting on their grizzly Wargs. 

"Run," you urged the children. "Run, try to save yourselves". However, before they could take a step, an orc, probably the leader, stepped forward.

"Not one step,"he growled. "If you value your lives, that is".

"Please, let the children go," you begged. "They are still so young. Let them go and I'll come willingly, and do whatever you want, but spare the children".

"Heh," the orc smirked. "You don't give orders here little bird. Tie them up," he said, turning to the orcs. "The elf and dwarf scum should be tied more tightly, and see that you gag the little bird so she doesn't sing anymore. You can let her keep the little child, or she'll scream herself to death". 

"Don't struggle," you whispered to the children. "They'll hurt you more if you do. Just come willingly. I promise I'll find a way to save us". You watched with a frantically beating heart as each of the children were tied up. It was much harder for you to endure that than being tied up yourself. The orcs dragged you over and left you standing in a group near one of the wargs.