38. Short-lived Haengbog.

Yeona couldn't fathom V's sudden actions. She sat there in the restaurant booth for few more minutes.

'Must be work.' Yeona thought.

Getting up and walking out of the restaurant, she took a slow walk across the park, tracing back her path. However, what made her skin creep was the eyes she could feel on her. She could feel people staring at her.

'You are just being paranoid.' She thought.

She increased her pace and got into a taxi. Yeona decided to pay a visit to Eunji and she directed the driver to Eunji's address.

"Yeona you have come dear? Go upstairs." Eunji's mom welcome her.

She opened Eunji's bedroom door to find Eunji on her phone, tears in her eyes. Hearing the door creak open, Eunji hastily locked her phone and kept it beside her.

"Gwencchanayo?" Yeona asked.

Eunji nodded and faintly smiled.

Yeona sat on her bed and held Eunji's hand.

"You can tell me Eunji, you know that right?"

Eunji nodded without saying anything.

"Did you go somewhere?" Eunji asked looking at Yeona's dress.

"Eh? Oh. No... I just wanted to go to work like this today...there was...there was this occasion there in office..."

Eunji just nodded not questioning her further.

"Did he... Mr. Lee contact you?"

Eunji's eyes became teary and she shook her head.

"Its good he didn't. Also why would he? I told him I am engaged." She mumbled.

"Umm... Tell me something truthfully Eunji... Do you like Mr. Lee?"

"I-"

"Girls?" Eunji's mom knocked at the door.

"Nae eomma..." Eunji answered.

Her mom opened the door revealing a tray with juices and some snacks.

"You needed not bring these aunty." Yeona said.

"Eat! Young girls like you all should eat and be healthy!" She smiled as she caressed Eunji's and Yeona's faces.
"I'll go. You guys enjoy." She left.

"So tell me do you-"

"Please. Lets not talk about him Yeona." Eunji's voice dripping with pain.

Yeona nodded.

"Okay then. Tell me you want to do something? Lets watch a movie? Your favourite!" Yeona tried sounding excited.

Eunji nodded and played the movie on her laptop. As they sat munching on the snacks, watching the movie, Ye-jun came in.

"Hey you girls! Oh movie. I'll too join!" He sat beside Eunji.

Ye-jun took a few glances at Yeona in between the movie and he would always find her checking her phone and keeping it aside, before looking back at it again.

'Maybe waiting to leave or...for someone's call or message?' He thought.

The movie ended and Yeona took her leave.

"I'll drop you home. Lets go." Ye-jun proposed.

Yeona nodded and bid Eunji and her mom bye. They were still awkward and neither Yeona nor Ye-jun would have the guts to actually start a conversation. The car ride was silent and without a word as one could guess.